Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: Something about Negril keeps calling k...

User Info Menu

Something about Negril keeps calling .....

From the first time I arrived, the minute I hit the tarmac in Montego Bay and got my first taste of the sweet air, I felt something wash over me. Almost as if I had come home to a safe haven where the stresses of everyday life in NYC could not touch me. My step was lighter, my breath was deeper, fuller without effort and I was filled with anticipation of what was to come....

What is it about this place that thrills you, calls you, keeps you coming back? Even with some of the crazy and sometimes negative things that happen that you could only share with someone else who knows, You keep coming back. WHY?

Last edited by SweetSue; 02-07-2012 at 03:40 PM. Reason: typo

User Info Menu

My family......and "Jamaica Land We Love"
    Linston's Zion Hill Taxi

Captain Dave

User Info Menu

As they say ONCE YOU GO YOU KNOW!! And I keep going.. 20 + trips in 5 yrs.. I caught the fever..

User Info Menu

It's almost impossible to put it into words. If you take a look below my signature you can see how many other islands we've been to. While we really enjoyed each and every one, we always came back and said: it was very nice, BUT it's not Jamaica. ( or Negril, to be more specific) I agree, even with the sometimes negative things we keep coming back.
    I anticipate each trip with as much excitement as the first. Soon come...
    dorisw

2017 was our 15th trip to Negril. Other islands we visited: Cozumel, Mexico (4 times) St. Lucia, Barbados, Grenada, Aruba, Harbour Island, Bahamas, Anguilla, St. Maarten/St.Martin, Ambergris Caye, Belize (twice)

User Info Menu

A sense of adventure
    The feeling of being in a "family" with others who have had
    similar experiences.
    Remember your 1st girlfriend/boyfriend ?
    Your 1st day at college ?
    Your 1st apartment/house ?
    Who wouldn't want to relive those experiences ?...
    Or at least get a do-over... :-)
    Once you go, you know

User Info Menu

I agree with you all. It's like a forbidden love. I can never capture that feeling any other place then Jamaica.
    I get off the plane and I'm home.

User Info Menu

shoulda gone to Negril......mi have said that a lot over the years.........
    and mi have traveled all over too......
    the worst was when I was in Florida in Jan of 85 and it only got up to 55F when I was there.........
    think the next three vacations were all to Negril........lol

Cool Runnings, Marko
    Americana Ocho Rios 82~HedoII 84,91~T-Water 85~Wexford Court Mobay 85~Miss Mary’s 86,87~Barry’s 88~Seawinds Mobay 89~LTU 91~Charela Inn 92~Negril Inn 92~SamSara 93,94~Ocean Edge 95,96~Singles 95,96~Thrills 95~Hilltop 96,99~Pee Wees 97~Kool Browns/Bentley's 97~Cottage 99-03~Roots Bamboo 03~Merrill’s I&II 04,05~Corals Seas Cliffs & Beach 06~Catcha Falling Star 07~Blue Cave Castle 08~SeaStar 10,12~(4x)Bourbon Beach 12~T&J Cottages on Ella Dr 12-18~PeWee Cottages 18~Lynch Cottages 19,20