Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Holy Cow! Airfares

User Info Menu

We live in the FL panhandle, and last yr...rather than fly out of our regional to connect in either Memphis or ATL(addl costs for 4 flts, round trip)...we decided to drive 7 hrs down to Orlando<yes, folks..FL is THAT big, with 2 time zones>they had JetBlue flts to/from MoBay for $79/$99..respectively....in the end we saved a bit, but we did the parksleepfly thing from a local hotel, arriving the night before, 4 tanks of gas, a dinner at the adjacent TGIFridays....and decided it's not worth the burden....especially when you have 7 hours to drive home after your flight back in....half way through the warning light started blinking to indicate my trans mission was going out......(knock wood, we got home 1st)...after replacing my trans.......any savings was a WASH, and then some

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lisapat View Post
    We live in the FL panhandle, and last yr...rather than fly out of our regional to connect in either Memphis or ATL(addl costs for 4 flts, round trip)...we decided to drive 7 hrs down to Orlando<yes, folks..FL is THAT big, with 2 time zones>they had JetBlue flts to/from MoBay for $79/$99..respectively....in the end we saved a bit, but we did the parksleepfly thing from a local hotel, arriving the night before, 4 tanks of gas, a dinner at the adjacent TGIFridays....and decided it's not worth the burden....especially when you have 7 hours to drive home after your flight back in....half way through the warning light started blinking to indicate my trans mission was going out......(knock wood, we got home 1st)...after replacing my trans.......any savings was a WASH, and then some
    Oh, that SUCKS! I had contemplated just driving to Atlanta but my husband was adamantly against it.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lisapat View Post
    Hey Lisapat,
    When I lived in the Panhandle we would fly out of New Orleans. Do they not do direct affordable flights to Mobay?

And man I sure do miss my little spot on Navarre Beach. I haven't been there since the last big hurricane, so I'm not sure what's left, but you want to talk about a great beach.
    Last edited by booger; 02-09-2012 at 08:22 PM.

User Info Menu

Responding to Holy Cow! Airfares

Well I did read last week in the local Memphis news that Southwest is in fact coming to Memphis (probably in the summer). MEM has a couple of Air Tran flights to Dallas, Atlanta etc. Not many, but a few. Its some good news for MEM. There will finally be a small amount of competition. Now where the not so good news might come is if Southwest is going to keep Airtran's flights to Montego Bay. Today Air Tran does fly from Memphis to Montego Bay with a stop somewhere along the way. I've looked, but can't find anything that says Southwest will continue to service those flights. I always thought SW was only a domestic US airlines. Now if SW does start service from MEM to MBJ.....WHOO HOOO this girlie will be one happy camper.
    Only time will tell.

User Info Menu

I searched all over and finally found the best price on www.bookit.com it was $300 less than American charges on their site, and we are flying on American. American has some of the worst arrival and departure times I've ever seen for $615 RT, but if you pay almost $900 you can get better times. I booked for $595 with bookit and got great times, which were the ones AA was selling for almost $900.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Juli View Post
    Hey, you guys I found out on Yapta.com that if airfare goes down after you purchase your ticket, they will help you get the difference back. Worth a shot, every little bit helps towards your next ticket.
    Most of the mainstream (Orbitz, Travelocity, etc). travel sites offer refunds for dropped airfare prices, some without you even contacting them.

User Info Menu

I even tried the bookit site and it was still at the 1100.00 price point that is insane crazy. I usually pay $460 ish I paid 640 for April. Airfare just blocked me from spending a week there this month.

Children Are Our Tomorrow !