Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Holy Cow! Airfares

User Info Menu

Holy Cow! Airfares

I broke down last week and bought our airfare for July. Now, I know we are a ways out but I just priced those same tickets. It is $350 MORE than last week. Holy cow, what are they thinking?!?!

Of course, it could go down $500 by the time we actually go!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by tfw73 View Post
    doubt it with the cost of fuel and all the people that are traveling now.....
    probably more likely to go up $500 than down........you did well to purchase now
    Negril was the busiest mi have seen it since 2000........about time mon

Cool Runnings, Marko
    Americana Ocho Rios 82~HedoII 84,91~T-Water 85~Wexford Court Mobay 85~Miss Mary’s 86,87~Barry’s 88~Seawinds Mobay 89~LTU 91~Charela Inn 92~Negril Inn 92~SamSara 93,94~Ocean Edge 95,96~Singles 95,96~Thrills 95~Hilltop 96,99~Pee Wees 97~Kool Browns/Bentley's 97~Cottage 99-03~Roots Bamboo 03~Merrill’s I&II 04,05~Corals Seas Cliffs & Beach 06~Catcha Falling Star 07~Blue Cave Castle 08~SeaStar 10,12~(4x)Bourbon Beach 12~T&J Cottages on Ella Dr 12-18~PeWee Cottages 18~Lynch Cottages 19,20

User Info Menu

I couldn't believe the jack up in price. I was so glad I pushed that button when I did!

User Info Menu

That's for true! I have been watching airfare for months.. It was all over the place.. As low as 400 as high as 650.. 500+ avg.. Ended up waiting. - thank goodness.. Got mine for 392 each 1 month from takeoff.. I don't think there is a good answer except buy low, sell high? Lol

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by tfw73 View Post
    I broke down last week and bought our airfare for July. Now, I know we are a ways out but I just priced those same tickets. It is $350 MORE than last week. Holy cow, what are they thinking?!?!

You got me curious...... Ours are up by over 200 dollars!

Awaiting our return to Negril, 07/01/12

User Info Menu

It is just crazy, isn't it? I can't believe how high the very same tickets are!

User Info Menu

Yeah, some other flight we considered are up to 900 + . I am so happy we pushed the button! Awwww 4 months, 3 week, 3 days......I feel like that piggy on the Geico commercial that goes Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Awaiting our return to Negril, 07/01/12

User Info Menu

Hey, you guys I found out on Yapta.com that if airfare goes down after you purchase your ticket, they will help you get the difference back. Worth a shot, every little bit helps towards your next ticket.

User Info Menu

I have never heard of that. I'll keep it in mind for the next trip. I am just hoping that I don't regret buying so early!

User Info Menu

Yapta.com Maybe worth looking at.... Thanks Juli!

Airlines that offer refunds for ANY price drop
    Alaska Airlines JetBlue
    Airlines that offer refunds for price drops of $75 or more
    AirTran Airways Virgin America
    Airlines that offer refunds for price drops of $100 or more
    Hawaiian Airlines
    Airlines that offer refunds for price drops of $150 or more
    American Airlines Continental Airlines
    Delta Airlines United Airlines
    US Airways