Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: 3 days not a problem. Packing light - big problem

User Info Menu

3 days not a problem. Packing light - big problem

Well everyone who helped me decide to go with husband and son for 2 weeks with 3 days notice to plan -- thanks! It's all come together, and it's all in my living room! And so far I have filled 3 big bags to the 50$ limit. This is first year we are on airlines (united by us air) that is charging for bags -- it's $75 per bag based on 3 bag check-ins each. So we're up to $225 in bag fees and I've not packed everything. Ladies help me out, is this excessive for 15 days?

8 swimsuits
    4 cover ups
    3 skirts/3 tanks/t-shirts
    5 things to wear in evening outside of room
    4 things to wear lounging around room
    3 pairs flip flops
    1 pair sandals

No this is not excessive -- it's the snacks and the toiletries that's doing me in. Doesn't everyone need 6 bottles of suntan lotion/screen in varying strengths from 30 spf to tropical oils? And 3 bottles of shower gels? And 5 bottles of different moisturizers? Then we've got the jiffy pop, the chocolate (5 pounds at least, but hey, we're going to be there on Valentines Day), the pb&J, the nuts, the coffee and tea, the Pringles, paper towels. Well I'm beginning to see the problem. I think the only thing I didn't bring was the speakers and the candles. And the gifts for kids. My journal from previous year's says I checked 6 bags. Oy I'm in trouble.

User Info Menu

Mrs Wilson keep the chocolate and get rid of the paper towels, pb&J, nuts, coffee, and pringles. for the money it would cost in baggage you would pay way less taking a route taxi and getting those things at the Hi Lo. Have a great time

User Info Menu

Congrats!

mi use to travel to Negril with two 70lb bags and two carryons and a personal item.........
    this last reach mi did it with a one 40lb bag and a personal item.........
    anything else mi need mi could have bought der.......
    with the high expense of bags now it's not worth bringing the extra clothes and stuff.....
    when you think about it.......$225 can buy a lot of clothes and things in Negril......
    the airlines are getting pretty close to pricing themselves out of the market when you can buy things cheaper than it cost to transport dem.......

Cool Runnings, Marko
    Americana Ocho Rios 82~HedoII 84,91~T-Water 85~Wexford Court Mobay 85~Miss Mary’s 86,87~Barry’s 88~Seawinds Mobay 89~LTU 91~Charela Inn 92~Negril Inn 92~SamSara 93,94~Ocean Edge 95,96~Singles 95,96~Thrills 95~Hilltop 96,99~Pee Wees 97~Kool Browns/Bentley's 97~Cottage 99-03~Roots Bamboo 03~Merrill’s I&II 04,05~Corals Seas Cliffs & Beach 06~Catcha Falling Star 07~Blue Cave Castle 08~SeaStar 10,12~(4x)Bourbon Beach 12~T&J Cottages on Ella Dr 12-18~PeWee Cottages 18~Lynch Cottages 19,20

User Info Menu

WHY 8 swim suits...???...

why why why ...??..

p.s... that chocolate is gonna melt melt melt, big-time

btw...you SHOULD get your Valentines sweets/candies/etc THERE IN-Jamaica.
    they've got some wonder-full Valentines goodies

ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.....
    so,
    you got 2-feet, and THREE pair flip-flops....???...
    ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
    be hapPpy

User Info Menu

Put out what you consider to be the bare minimum and then just take half. The extra goodies, unless it is something you can't buy there and MUST have....leave it at home. The Value Master is close by and has just about all you could need from coffee to sunscreen... Or as someone else on this board suggested - take half the stuff and twice the money.

ENJOY - I wish I should be having this problem right now.

PEACE.

User Info Menu

Carry on the chocolate if you want to actually enjoy it in JA - and refrigerate it while there. I'd skip the other food too, cheaper to buy it there than pay for the luggage and lug it around.

And yeah, I'd bring 2 sunscreens and one shower gel and one moisturizer, but those things don't take up much space so do what you feel. 8 suits is more than I even own but those are small too.

User Info Menu

SMith 744..........you crack me up! Every year my luggage weight is less and less................write your list out and pack half of it. The rest you can buy in JA if you really need it

User Info Menu

I couldn't do it. Even though I spent hours during the night thinking about smith's "you got 2 feet and 3 pair flip flops?" haha cracked me up to. But in the end I caved and am packing a fourth suitcase. Fudgetaboutit. I will be able to put one inside another on the way back, with 2 charges on that trip. At this point I just want to have what I need and never have to leave the sand. Almost there now. Feet look pretty ; )
    PS for thee record I can't shop in Negril, wouldn't have my size in what I can wear/like. So that plays into this.

User Info Menu

One of everything of the tolitries-and ditch the food items--8 bathing suits??? I'd think 2 or 3 at the most is enough-as with the clothes and shoes too...No to the coffee(jam has some of the best) and Paper towels?? are you camping?...I dont think I'd do the chocolate-I'd go to Devon house ice cream and get something special from them(why do the old US way of Valentines?-go Jam style -go Devon house)...

Remember I told you Mrs Wilson.....Keep it simple ...(LOL)...
    " Ones destination is never a place, but rather a new way of looking at things." (Henry Miller)