Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Big price increase lately in airlines fares to MB

User Info Menu

I feel you all! Our first trip was about 250 pp. Have paid as much as 800 yet here lately, we have been lucky and found a price of about 450-475 pp without taxes. To me, that was a deal. We have a dear friend, that we met in JA, who lives in Florida. He has paid more than us on a few trips, which is amazing since he is so much closer than us. It just doesn't make sense. If fuel prices are the primary reason for the increase, then why is it that those closer, still have to pay more??? I am really happy that we have been lucky enough to have some good prices considering where we are located. A small town, with a really small airport, with very little options...with only one stop...trust me...I am thrilled. Yet, I just don't know how long this might last. If it hits us hard, we will definitely have to rearrange our travel plans.

So for now, I am ready to grab every deal I can...while we can. Life is way too short to procrastinate. I tend to look at it this way, ...we are getting older and every trip could be our last one...who knows what can happen. I just want every moment that I can in Jamaica while I can still enjoy it! So, soon come and hopefully, soon come some more! Will be in our beloved Negril this time next week. AHHH, the joy is awaiting......

User Info Menu

A grand for a ticket is ridiculous... anything pushing 650 is too. That's going to hurt tourism no question..pretty sure it already is.

User Info Menu

Yes, I noticed when I was looking for a "summer" airfare deal last week. There arent any, not from my neck of the woods anyway. Last year, I could have gotten there for under 600 CDN, now I would have to pay around 800 unless I want 3 stops with a 10 hour layover somewhere. I decided my trip would have to be at the end of the summer instead of beginning. Depressing but cant be helped!

User Info Menu

Still waiting for a deal end of july, last year got the Westjet seat sale $99 each way, nothing even close yet.

User Info Menu

My family saved ocer 1,300 dollars since we booked in November for June trip.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Trish View Post
    Remember when airfare in summer was cheap?
    Yeah, it wasnt that long ago either.

However, I found a decent price for next month, booked it early, and now that same time is up by $400 roundtrip.
    Boy am i glad i booked when i did!

User Info Menu

$724.00 plus taxes and fees per person for Nov.right now out of Charlotte.Never paid more than 1100.oo for the 2 of us before but no matter what happens with prices,we will have Thanksgiving turkey in Negril!!