Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: Miss Sonia's

User Info Menu

Miss Sonia's

Anyone seen Miss Sonia lately ??? Looking forward to visiting soon and having a pattie.

User Info Menu

Stopped by for a visit on our recent reach. Business is slow but she is persevering as always.

Bless...
    Ed

User Info Menu

I am going to stop by and make plans for 9 of us to go for lunch. I will give her a heads up before so she can shop if needed...great woman...great food.

User Info Menu

man, wouldn't mind tucking into a plate of her fried chicken right now.

or curried chicken. or curried anything with a few triangles of her roti...

got a chance to pull her away for a few hours and take her out to little bay with luciano.

"I beseech thee, my lord , let this venture be mine..."

-Sir Gawain

User Info Menu

sadly, I used the last of my pickle I got from her last night on some burgers.

damn.

burgers from the pork store, naan for the bun, red onion, tomato, pancetta and some formaggio, with miss sonia's pickle (basically a scotch bonnet concoction) and vavoooooooom those burgers took off...

-Sir Gawain

User Info Menu

you eat good Monk! Dang--sort of want to copy that combo. Does miss sonia have the pickle ready to sell? I love scotch bonnet in all forms. That sort of sounds like the pickle used for escovitch.

User Info Menu

she was working late april. best damn patti i ever ate!
    she had a granddaughter waiting on us. good stuff!!!

next time i will order 5 things over her menu!

User Info Menu

Irie- she *generally* has some, but you usually have to ask for it.

if she doesn't have any around, it's not too troublesome for her to make it, you just have to ask. it seriously ramps up a lot of things. the naan by me is somewhat similar to coco bread, i hit with a little olive oil, some sea salt, and give it 5 min in the oven. i think you could wrap a brick in it and eat it and it would taste divine lol.

-Sir Gawain

User Info Menu

Monk no one is going to chomp down on a brick ( mouth full of grit, broken teeth) and say it tastes divine, no matter how exquisite the nan wrapping was But seriously you are killing me with thoughts of how delightfully perfect that meal would be (sans brick)

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by irieworld View Post
    Monk no one is going to chomp down on a brick ( mouth full of grit, broken teeth) and say it tastes divine, no matter how exquisite the nan wrapping was But seriously you are killing me with thoughts of how delightfully perfect that meal would be (sans brick)
    what, you've never heard of iron tooth kungfu?

lol...true I can think of a lot of other things to wrap a naan around lol...

-Sir Gawain