Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Home Sweet Home last week

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Guirigay View Post
    Location is EXCELLENT for eating around if you are a walker.
    That's great news! We definitely plan on trying a lot of different eateries (and bars )

User Info Menu

Thanks for the update! I hope you enjoy the rest of your trip!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by funkymunky View Post
    vikman,
    Could you post an update when you return of room 14, we'll be staying there in a couple of weeks and would love some insight!
    chelle
    Michelle sent you a PM about HSH room 14

User Info Menu

We stayed at HSH for 9 days a couple of years ago in April,bar stayed open late(2am)as long as we were buying beers and partying.Not sure if Terry is still running the kitchen and bar but she and Carrie were really awesome.We would go off property to party all day and then come back and settle into the bar to end the night/morning and it was nice.Thinking we were in room 14,upstairs with a nice balcony overlooking the pool and ocean.Watched the dolphins swim buy every morning while enjoying a cold Red Stripe around 10am.Great place to stay for sure!

User Info Menu

Can't wait I'll be there on Friday

User Info Menu

View from the balcony of room 14 last week. Restaurant and bar under new ownership since December Good food great staff. Not always open late but if you are there they will not close.
    Nick and Grace
    Attached Images Attached Images  

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_D View Post
    I got the impression that some rooms are dated, while others have been upgraded (i.e. the ones with orange walls). Is this true?
    Just wanted to follow-up with my previous question, now that a few folks have stayed at Home Sweet Home. Can you tell if certain rooms are more updated than others?

I thought I heard someone say that HSH was undergoing some renovations, but that they haven't hit all the rooms yet.

User Info Menu

That's a great shot, Vikman! It looks like room 14 is the prime spot at resort.

User Info Menu

Not sure how much updating the orange rooms got beyond a fresh coat of paint. I was in 5-6 different rooms there and they were all in similar condition. Nice, clean and well maintained for a small privately owned and operated cliff side hotel. For my money the Penthouse is the best room on the property. 3 floors up right on the edge of the cliff with a large balcony that offers privacy.
    What's so funny 'bout Peace, Love and Understanding?

User Info Menu

I agree with Guirigay that is a nice view from the penthouse. The difference in my thoughts was for the price difference from the higher three suites we thought the sunset suite was more than enough for us and cheaper and it was a huge balcony with great views except the roof of the other building. We learned to not look that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Guirigay View Post
    Not sure how much updating the orange rooms got beyond a fresh coat of paint. I was in 5-6 different rooms there and they were all in similar condition. Nice, clean and well maintained for a small privately owned and operated cliff side hotel. For my money the Penthouse is the best room on the property. 3 floors up right on the edge of the cliff with a large balcony that offers privacy.