Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: school supplies

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by northerncaligurl View Post
    I bring a suitcase of school supplies each time I go (2-3 times a year). Have never, ever had a problem. Always claim them on the back of the form as just that, school supply donations, and list a few examples. I make sure they are packed seperate so that if they want to have a look they can. I would be surprised, and if it has happened to someone I would be interested to hear about it, if they charged you duty. I don't bring the receipts. I am sure a lot of people do this. I also bring clothing and other items for donations. I don't lie and say I'm a teacher or anything, just tell the truth, they are donations.

with jamaica and customs it is the luck of the draw. it doesn't happen to you until it does.

your money goes further, even if you don't get as much stuff, if you buy locally anyway. especially with all the new weight restrictions. just something to consider.
    "I beseech thee, my lord , let this venture be mine..."

-Sir Gawain

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ackee View Post
    Crayons Cout Website give a breakdown of what makes up the packages

http://www.dogoodjamaica.org/crayonscount
    that's kool and the gang.
    "I beseech thee, my lord , let this venture be mine..."

-Sir Gawain

User Info Menu

Thanks for all your advise, I'll just claim them on the form and hope for the best, but have cash and receipts just in case. 5 days and we are off really, really, really looking forward the sounds, smells, flavors of this glorious place we all can't seem to get enough of. Last minute we decided to stay a few extra days, the return flight was so much cheaper.