Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Well, its official!

User Info Menu

Well, its official!

I've been lurking on this message board a few days now, spending hours and hours reading trip reports and trying to memorize the names of all the little must-see places in Negril. I didn't want to post anything before my trip was booked as it was a kind of spur-of-the-moment type thing, we were still considering some other places up until a few days ago. Now that we've booked a flight and our place to stay I'm saying hello!

This will be my first trip with just me and my Mom, we are in our thirties and fifties respectively. Neither have us has been to Jamaica before. The closest I've been is to Barbados once, and my Mom has been to Cuba many many times. She wanted to go to Cuba again, but she told me about this place in Negril her friends stay at, her friend's husband is Jamaican and they know the owners.

We are staying on the beach (Caribbean Delight), but the cliffs look absolutely AMAZING, I can't wait to see it all with my own eyes. Also hoping to get out in the 'bush' and see some beautiful Jamaican nature. The posts here have been invaluable, and will continue to be as I keep reading in preparation to my trip, thank you to everyone who contributes! I will try and write my first trip report as well when I return in April, I hope I can make it even half as interesting and helpful as some of the ones I read.

User Info Menu

Hello cd-79.....Look forward to your trip reports and pics... ans yes, get out in "da bush" the countryside has a whole different beauty and vibe to it...
    " Ones destination is never a place, but rather a new way of looking at things." (Henry Miller)

User Info Menu

cdn_79 Welcome, thanks for coming out.LOL You and your Mother will have a wonderful time~ Check out the Nrgril 101, and write down all the things you want to do. Once you get to Negril there is so much to see and do that you will forget your list. PEACE
    "I'll love you till the stars fall out of the sky "

:cool

User Info Menu

HELLLOOOOO...Cdn_79...great to have you on board!!
    Check out the realnegril.com schedule & click on the LIVE webcast to get a glimpse of some great locations in Negril....
    Click on the live chat if you have any questions...there's always a great group of people that join in to discuss Jamaica etc that are willing to help....

User Info Menu

Caribbean Delight

Hello and welcome to the board.

You will enjoy Caribbean Delight - it's been my home away from Canada for many many years. Great location .. right between Grand Pineapple and Merrills 1, and the Shamrock store (home to some of the best freshly squeezed orange juice in Negril) is right across the street. The owners are like family to me (when there I stay in a spare bedroom in Ann-Deta's mothers house in the middle of the yard). Deta has a great staff and you will be well looked after. Rooms are clean, comfortable and well maintained with AC and frig's and veranda's. If you have any questions about the property let me know.
    Donna (aka BCBud)

User Info Menu

I agree with BC Bud (Hi Donna!). I've been friends with Ann-Deta and her family for many years. My husband and I stay across the street behind the Shamrock store but a lot of our friends stay at Caribbean Delight so that is our home base during the day (and many evenings as well). If you have one of the front rooms you will have a beautiful view. I would suggest you check out SeaStar on Saturday night for a great buffet and entertainment (there is also a webcast) and the bar crawl during the week. I don't know your dates but if your around Mar. 17 -31 we'll see you on the beach.

User Info Menu

Your Mom may never go back to Cuba again
    Once you go you just can't wait to get back.
    You guys will have a great time - we look forward to hearing all about it.

User Info Menu

Welcome aboard!! This board is really full of so much valuable information. You and your mom are going to have a ball! Can't wait to hear another newbie report. Always full of joy and adventures. Enjoy your trip!

User Info Menu

Jamaica...good choice...negril ...very excellent move you won't regret 1 bit!!!

User Info Menu

Thanks so much everyone for the warm welcomes! My mom has been talking with Ann-Deta by phone and email, can't wait to meet her in person, especially after hearing all the nice things about her and Caribbean Delight. We will be there March 28-April 4th, and I already know it won't be anywhere near long enough. You guys have me planning my next trip before I've even taken my first, are all of you sure you don't work for Tourism Jamaica or something?