Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rooms on the Beach - recommendations

User Info Menu

Ah, Country Country, we'll be there in 10 days! We've only stayed in the upstairs room, closest to the beach and the restaurant. We go to sleep to the sound of the frogs in the trees, wake to the sound of Lee raking the beach and the patois of the restaurant staff as they start their day. Raise up on your elbow, look out at the beautiful blue water. Early morning beach walks, back for breakfast and a day on the beach. Such a nice peaceful vibe, staff is great. Nice mid-beach location, you can walk anywhere on the beach, even to Cosmo's. Last year we booked late, couldn't get a room so we were at Whistling Bird, another great location. But nothing beats Country Country in my mind. I first read about it in Travel and Leisure, while sitting in a lawyer's office with my son (no need to go into THAT right now) and I knew this darling place was for me. I love the colorful cottages, the way the paint looks antiqued almost. Sitting on the porch, watching the world go by, it is wonderful!

User Info Menu

Thanks for the recommendations. Sounds like Country Country is the way to go!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by thesg79 View Post
    Hi All -

Planning another late November trip to Negril and looking for some recommendations for places to stay on the beach.

We usually do a few nights at an all inclusive (CSA) and then the rest of the trip on the cliffs.

This time around we're not going all inclusive, so I'm looking for some guidance...some places I'd like some feedback on:

Country Country
    Top Beach Cabins
    Nirvana
    Gatehouse Villa
    Lazydays

Much appreciated!
    I'm also a BIG Country Country fan, we stayed there in 2010 and when we started planning our next trip we knew we wanted to go back to CC. I contacted Monique the manager and asked her for any deals she might have and she gave us 2 free nights on a two week stay! You won't be disappointed at CC. The free breakfast is so good, the Banana pancakes and Honey Feench toast are to die for. The grounds are well kept and gorgeous. The staff is friendly and on the ball. Security is great, we felt safe at all times.
    We could have stayed somewhere else for less but why when we know we can go back to CC and have a perfect, hassle free stay?

Awaiting our return to Negril, 07/01/12

User Info Menu

Stayed at Crunchy Crunchy (lol) our first time in Negril. LOVED! Staying at Nirvana staring the 23rd...... Can't wait.

User Info Menu

STOP TELLING EVERYONE HOW GREAT COUNTRY COUNTRY IS!!!!

sheesh, now I'll never get my favorite room there again, we were very disappointed last week when our usual room wasn't available and we got 'upgraded' to the upper room overlooking the beach

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Homebrewer View Post
    STOP TELLING EVERYONE HOW GREAT COUNTRY COUNTRY IS!!!!

sheesh, now I'll never get my favorite room there again, we were very disappointed last week when our usual room wasn't available and we got 'upgraded' to the upper room overlooking the beach
    Sheesh! That sounds terrible! I'm hoping for an upstairs room next go round.

Awaiting our return to Negril, 07/01/12