Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Trip Journal- Jan 30- Feb 13- Negril- by Newfiesub

User Info Menu

I did not realize that the planes even came into montego bay all night long ! The lines must have been short and sweet! I cannot imagine being up that long traveling to get where you need to go..I would spend my first 2 days catching up on jet lag..wow

The worst experience I ever had was the ONE time I flew american airlines..they were haveing some staffing issues and moved us around the dallas ft worth air terminal..gate to gate to gate for over 8 hours before they finally would let us board..cops were called in..people were fighting with the crew..it was horrible...BUT if they would have been honest with the 100 plus trying to board at the begining..we could have found a resting place for the time instead of moving the line from gate to gate while we were thinking..finally we will board..NEVER again american airlines NEVER! Now I see why they filed for bankruptcy~

User Info Menu

airlines dont care about us - just the dollars- sunwing lied to us all evening- at 9 pm they said the plain was on the ground- so y didnt we see it untill after 10 pm and then they wouldnt let us board till almost 11

User Info Menu

My wife and daughter just left on friday on Thomas Cook, suppose to leave at 7:30, they didnt go until 11:00 so that means they got in around 3:00 am bet there was no lines at immigration then!
    Trip #59 most of February

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by newfiesub View Post
    airlines dont care about us - just the dollars- sunwing lied to us all evening- at 9 pm they said the plain was on the ground- so y didnt we see it untill after 10 pm and then they wouldnt let us board till almost 11
    So true, had a similar experience with Air Tran, we had our kids and our kitten with us, they lied to us for hours, finally coming across the PA saying the plane will land in 30 minutes, we'll be boarding in 45 min, this was met by cheers. 45 min later they get on the PA to announce the flight crew had timed out, your all SOL and were not offering you all squat, so get on a bus and try to make another flight in Albany or just wait here till morning. Little ol me got enraged, stood up and shouted BULLSH# T! Which started everyone else screaming, the police were called. We were all kicked out to the ticketing area and we had to unpack clothes for our kids to sleep on. This was in Newark and we were to afraid to sleep, made for a long night. Which is why I'll never fly Air Tran again no matter how much cheaper the flights are. Just don't trust them.

Awaiting our return to Negril, 07/01/12

User Info Menu

You can see the sun rise in the EAST, over by Portland/ St Thomas side of the Island. If yu are on a hill or so , look to the East , next time you go
    Waiting for the pictures !!

User Info Menu

chapter 4 & 5 tomorrow-- sorry but because red stripe is soooo good i am having a hard time reading my notes- so i have to remember as i go- took me 2 days home to remember that i was in jamaica lol
    Woman! Wake me when its time to go! Ouch!!
    Ok Sweety would you like me to set the alarm so we dont miss our flight-

I love you buttercup lol

User Info Menu

update late mon or tue- family day here n all- have a great family and presidents day everyone

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by newfiesub View Post
    Happened to us last year with Air Canada -not unique to charters.
    Can't wait to hear the next chapter Newfisub - hoping the hotel (FH) is not as bad as some people have said (11 sleeps)

User Info Menu

Waitin for the rest Al... Have a great day buddy.

User Info Menu

Chapter 4
    Hi Jamaica I'm Al.

I slowly come to life around 10am- takes a second or 2 but I realize I'm in Jamaica. I look over and the wife is still sawing logs so I try to be quiet, brush my teeth, splash some cool water on my face and hair, slip on shorts and try to slip out of the room without making any noise, ya ever notice how everything seem amplified when your trying to be quiet lol.

I make my way to the beach hoping to find a coffee on the way- coffee pot is empty but I make it out on the sand- WOW!! the beach and water is as beautiful as everyone said it was. I walk right into the ocean and have a dip as I will do every morning I am here. The beach goes on for miles and there are people everywhere. Try to make it back to the resort stairs and am stopped by some guy selling gonga, some guy selling bananas and a guy yelling- FRESH MANGO, POPYA, ORANGE AND ANOTHER KIND OF JUICE LOL. The juice guy is trying to convince be to buy and also has ganga or anything else for sale. The first words out of his mouth are” did you just get here mon!! They can tell who is new and who has been there awhile. Now to get coffee and get back to the room with 1 for the wife, not to be. No coffee mon it'll be about 10 min, lol. I didn't know what Jamaican time was until the 10min took 45. Finally headed back to the room with coffee in hand and looking forward to waking up the wife up and starting our vacation.

The wife, still fast asleep, looked to peaceful to wake so I made a little noise and she came to lol. Gave her the coffee and said we need to talk before she looked or went outside. I explained to her that our resort was a little different than the one she'd seen when we dropped everyone else off. By little I meant night and day, told her how much I loved her and that it didn't seem bad but not what she is used to. She was pretty cool about it and said if I made a mistake there would be no sex for 2 weeks, lol. I reminded her this was “All Inclusive lol”. I thought it was funny but she didn't.

First thing we had to do was register as they were closed at 5.30am so off we go to the office. The grounds here aren't that bad, clean, small and pretty straight from front to back. Very pretty actually, so far so good, the wife seemed to like the smallness so far. We get signed in and take a walk out to the dining and beach area with new florescent green bracelets, the ones that let everyone now which resort your staying at, ours soon came off lol.

We find where all the things are we need to know, pool, dining and beach area, public washrooms, I mean other than the pool, just kidding. We meet the security guard, for the life of me I can't remember her name but a nice lady. I explain to her that we will be taking our bracelets off and why. She understands and suggests we wait a couple of days till the staff know who we are, made sense and we did.

OK first things first, I made my way to the bar,can't remember his name either, introduced myself and put a 20 American in his hand. That takin care off I made to way to the pool bar and did the same, I believe his name is Andrew or something like that, I called him nurse every time I needed a drink, which was often. I spent most of my time making friends at that bar, most of whom names I forget, sorry everyone lol. I blame my forgetfulness on Andrew.

More to come on chapter 4
    Last edited by newfiesub; 02-21-2012 at 04:08 PM.