Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: $10.00 U.S. Complete Breakfast

User Info Menu

Re: $10.00 U.S. Complete Breakfast

Location, location. Location. AMERICAN BREAKFASTwith view and sea wind. PRICELESS. Want a deal ...see your neighborhood Dennie's.

User Info Menu

we were staying at Heartbeat back in 85-86, and I got up bout 3 or 4am and went out wandering about, seen a woman sleeping on her porch atop a picnic table....I was stumbling along with a sore foot, making plenty of noise......"What you lookin for?"
    she asked out..........."Food" I said back...."Come over n up in here"......"Sit down..... Bacon-eggs-fry toast OK???"...."Sur"..I replied..."4-5 US OK I asked ??"....tip ya in the morning? OK?".........she smiled and said"Mi trust ya on di tip baby" Sit n Eat"

"dem were the days mi friend, we tought dey never end"
    "One of the laundry gals pipes up ,,"LOOK AT DA BLOOD"
    "YES,THAT WOULD BE MINE" I said as my leg that at first gave no pain, started dishing it out in large bunches........"

want more read our blog? our first trip.........http://negril.com/forum/entry.php?58...-The-Beginning

User Info Menu

So the price has just doubled in 27 years. Not so bad. But your experience...PRICELESS

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by dash View Post
    Location, location. Location. AMERICAN BREAKFASTwith view and sea wind. PRICELESS. Want a deal ...see your neighborhood Dennie's.

The point exactly Dash, god took care of the creativity with the blue sea and double rainbow the breakfast just gave a reason to sit for a while,,,,,, I agree naugahyde at Denny's just doesn't do the same for my heart and that bottle of rum cream follows me around coffee pot to coffee pot in the morning

the thrill about Negril is if it's the eggs benedict you are after wander on please,,,,, if not here it's over there or over there or over there

most mornings finds us on the patio nursing rum cream & blue mountain, spicy bun hot out of the toaster married to new zealand butter and guava jam, cold oranges thrown into the igloo on the way to bed last night morphing into glasses of teeth numding sweet refreshment in the juicer, maybe a mango or passion apple giving up its fruit, is that hummingbird flapping her wings to the beat of that song

hmmmmmm fried toast now that is a tasty morning treat

And Marko I never got the taste for peanut porridge but a nice styrofoam cup of banana porridge (almost malto meal like consistancy) on the way up into the hills to haul the kids to school is a true treat

Back in the day before electric juicer

Name:  rum cream 1 (800 x 535).jpg
Views: 482
Size:  52.0 KB
    I have won many awards in a lifetime of competition and service. But the highest was offered without plaque or fanfare on a hilltop in post Ivan Jamaica. A true Rasta and a dear friend observed "Chet you are like a father of men, you see need and fulfill that need without being asked". Let us be travelers and not tourist.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Blake View Post
    Like the scenery, but not to sound snobbish....

but for $10 I'm kind of expecting more when it comes to breakfast.

I could make bacon,eggs, and white toast in less than five minutes.

Need some more creativity mon.

Okay, maybe I am a snob when it comes to breakfast, but I'm also willing to pay more to have things like lobster benedict or an extremely well done omelet.
    I agree with you and being in Negril i have had breaksfast for way less and got the same...Alfreds makes a great breakfast for under $10.00 bucks!!!

User Info Menu

We did Cafe Goa for breakfast for lunch a couple weeks ago and was reasonable and good!
    Trip #59 most of February

User Info Menu

Lobster omelette Coconut International.

User Info Menu

Lot's of good places for an "American" full on brekkie, beach view and under $10USD:

Alfred's-Wide selection of breakfast items, including traditional JA items
    Kuyaba-Great callaloo omelet
    CCLP-Great banana bread included
    Canoe(still?)-Great vibes

We like Jus Natural for breakfast, best rum creme and coffee in Negril! Darn good egg sandwich too....jus no view....
    Last edited by RockRobster; 08-28-2012 at 06:54 PM.
    "Enjoy Every Sandwich"-Warren Zevon

User Info Menu

Ivans has a wonderful breakfast... and the view is priceless!

User Info Menu

The great thing about Negril -- something for everyone at every price point. To each his/her own.