Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Now look what you made me do!!!!

User Info Menu

That is one BIG smile on your wife's face!
    What's so funny 'bout Peace, Love and Understanding?

User Info Menu

Love the report. Nice twist sharing prices...and costs!

User Info Menu

So how much did u spend per day?

User Info Menu

Same here. We had been traveling and thought of Jamaica, but believed the rumors we had heard like, "it's not safe to leave your resort, etc".

When we were in Akumal Beach, Mexico we ran into so many "Logo Gringo's" (travel forum) and they said their other favorite place was Jamaica. Hmm....that got me thinking and all I now is in June 2009 we went to Negril for the first time. Stayed in cottage #4 Xtabi. Went back to the same cottage only 2-1/2 months later in September. Stayed at Citronella January, 2010, Samsara April 2010, Banana Shout November 2010 and Catcha/Banana November 2011.

Hubby and I are venturing outside Negril this year and going to out islands of the Bahamas (Abaco's) for a bit of island hopping and then going back to the Bahamas later in Oct. I am sure after that, we will be back in Negril. You can only stay away so long.

User Info Menu

Thanks for the report!
    Feb.1 - 16 Xtabi

[https://www.TickerFactory.com/]

User Info Menu

Our total cost for food and fun was $850.00 CDN for the week. This does not include transfers of $60.00 plus tip each way. We could have had free transfers with our package but the private transfer is the only way we will go.

All total for airfare, hotel, transfers, tips, food and drinks our cost was $353.00 per day.

Lots more to come but I should actually be working today!

User Info Menu

Great report so far, I really like how you included the cost of your purchases! It's really informative!
    I'm also enjoying the pictures. Awesome shot of Maureen at Sunnyside!
    Looking forward to your next installment!
    Carpe Diem

User Info Menu

Thanks for the comments.

Clarity - I told Maureen someone could print this for her and bring it down.

Day 2

An early start to the day. Went for a walk past Breezes and to the end of the public beach. Lots to see and take in. Stopped a juice guy and had a great pineapple juice for $500 JA. Continental breakfast at Rooms is included and was pretty good. 3-4 pieces of toast, a slice of banana bread, muffin or danish, hardboiled egg or cereal, juice, water and coffee or tea.

We then went to church as we had enjoyed the service when we were down in November. A nice community feeling even though most of the people attending were tourists or ex pats. We spoke with a gentleman in front of us and he was being confirmed next week. He politely asked if we could give him a little something to put in the collection plate. I only had larger bills and did not want a poor guy to part with 2000 JA. After the service he approached me to apologize as he just wanted to give something. I passed him some money and told him that he could do with it what he wanted but that he should treat himself or his family to something on his confirmation.

Name:  IMG_0302.jpg
Views: 543
Size:  96.4 KB

Back at the hotel we tried to change rooms. The new room overlooked the front desk and reeked of smoke. If you are non smokers you know that this smell will not leave the room in a few days. Back to the front desk to say that it was not acceptable. The poor guy at the front desk has no empowerment to something as simple as change the room, it is all set by Management who is not on site at all times. We told him that this was not an acceptable change and that we would stay in the current room for another day. We then strolled down to Alfred’s. We had a chicken salad sandwich with salad, an order of fries, 2 Red Stripe - $1050 JA. Sorry no pictures from here.

Patties on the beach as snack - $150 JA each for chicken patties. Some pork from B at $100J for a few pieces. Beers from Maureen at $150 JA and a couple on a snack trip from Myrna’s Convenience Store at $140 JA.

Name:  IMG_0352.jpg
Views: 568
Size:  91.5 KB

Dinner was at Kuyaba. After eating too much during the day we decided to split a dinner and appetizer. Fried plantain for the appetizer, what a great way to eat this. Snapper with callilou, rice and peas was very nice. With 2 Red Stripes the cost was $2900.00 JA.

Name:  IMG_0325.jpg
Views: 560
Size:  89.0 KB

Name:  IMG_0319.jpg
Views: 466
Size:  91.1 KB

Had some wine on the patio and then wandered down to Roots at 10.00. There was supposed to be a Reggae party but it did not materialize. We had a couple of drinks and then it was closing time. We can say that we closed Roots Bamboo! We don’t have to tell anyone that it was 10.30. We then went to the SunnySide for a couple of drinks.

I know that we could have bargained for better prices, especially from the beach vendors but I figure if you are spending a day walking the beach trying to make a legitimate living I can afford to pass on a couple of dollars here and there.

And now I have to leave this until tomorrow because I have learned from all of your epic reports, including but not limited to Guirigay, Clarity Hubbyman and Matkus, Brasi, Rum and PGW, that you have to leave them hanging.

Day 3 coming up was awesomness squared. It could not have been better. So you better come back tomorrow for more!
    Last edited by OUV11112; 04-02-2012 at 03:37 PM.

User Info Menu

LOL....great cliff hanger! We will be here waiting!

User Info Menu

Excellent report. Good details.