Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Would you rather...

User Info Menu

I work under Plan B - only because with work it is easier to take a week or 10 days (with a holiday included) at a time so I am blessed to go twice a year on average for a week or so. Now what is worthwhile is a the really long wait and saving for a true sabbitical. Life changing. Took a year and 3 jobs but was able to swing 4 months one year. I am so grateful that I have been able to go so often. My longest wait was a whole year and it was pure agony. Markus is right about patience though .... it takes every bit in between trips.

Great question.
    Preach Peace / Live Love / Blessed Be
    ONE LOVE
    Sweetness

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by HuskerJohn View Post
    I would rather go 2 weeks twice a year but the airfare is a bummer. So, We just go for a month once a year..
    If 2 weeks twice a year were an option for us, that would be heaven!!!

User Info Menu

B- The wait in between would make me lose the will to work for it as it would seem so hard to achieve and a short lived reward.
    And- 2 weeks in one place in Jamaica is too much for me, I like the change of scenery from one side of the island to another it seems like 2 different islands.

Children Are Our Tomorrow !

User Info Menu

We have settled into twice a year for 10 days each.....the great part is looking forward to the next countdown...ITS ONLY 180 MORE DAYS when you unpack!!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by southcoastgirl View Post
    If 2 weeks twice a year were an option for us, that would be heaven!!!
    We are retired so time isn't the problem. Airfare is! LOL!

Feb.1 - 16 Xtabi

[https://www.TickerFactory.com/]

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by HuskerJohn View Post
    We are retired so time isn't the problem. Airfare is! LOL!

Someday...someday... :-)

User Info Menu

I usually go every six months for at least 10 days each

User Info Menu

Thanks so much guys for your feedback, it really gives us a lot to think about.

It seems like the overwhelming response is B - two trips to Negril (for one week each.) woo hoo! I wiiin!

EXCEPT for those that fly out of west coast like we do... you guys chose A.

Hmmmmm...

It's true that the long commute steals days away from the trip. We would fly overnight from SF to get there, so that's not too bad. Time sleeping doesn't count for us...but The flight back is almost an entire vacation day lost. In total, it's about 17 hours in the air both ways.

and I don't even really care about that because every night since I've returned from Negril I've dreamt about this:

and I don't think I can wait 300+ days to swim in those waters again. It just feels so far away.

On the flipside, So far almost everyone said that they go for at least 10 days. I've never experienced a vacation for that length.

Am I really missing out?? Does anyone go for just seven days? (or six like our last stretch?) Maybe I need to just suck it up and wait it out.

and there is no C. option for us. (i.e. 2 week vacation 2 times a year) I get exactly 10 days of vacation time per year. When you factor in the weekends, that's 2 weeks.

Sweetness - what a dream that would be to take a year. Working three jobs must have been so hard, but it sounds like the pay off was worth it. I can only imagine how life-changing that must have been!
    Last edited by Clarity; 05-26-2011 at 10:16 PM.
    Carpe Diem

User Info Menu

Two trips! It is perfect and eases the pain between. Most years I go in late May and Late November--both tag holidays that give me time off work--so it adds a bonus to the vacation days off I need to take. For instance, for my upcoming trip I only had to take 4 days off work, but have 8 nights in Negril.

User Info Menu

I think I would answer this question differently for different people/situations....for you guys I have to choose option B.

After reading all of your trip reports (absolutely loved them all, btw) I got a sense of who you guys are and how Negril inevitably cast it's spell on you both..love it!

I choose option B because I'd like to see you you keep it fresh - get back there asap! Just go experience more, explore more, learn the ropes more, stay new places, meet even more people(tourists/locals), try new places to eat/drink, take route taxi's, walk to town, try staying on the cliffs,etc.

Basically I'm hoping you remain addicted, Lol! I guess I'm just thinking since you've only been there this one time, a year is a long time to wait. Six months from now then again six months from then would really keep you in the zone

I do see the logic of saving money on airfare and having patience, but I'm still partial to option B

I think after your third trip you will really have a lot more perspective on it all and on what really works for you....then perhaps the next year you could be patient and wait for the two week vacation. After trip three there's no turning back anyway, regardless of time between visits...

I'm sure others may think the opposite for valid reasons, but this is just my opinion.

Whatever you decide, you really can't go wrong! Good Luck!!!
    [url=http://daisypath.com]