Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Would you rather...

User Info Menu

I would go for A personally...save the airfare difference and it takes me a while to get there and back so it would save me time there and money.

User Info Menu

Going from West Coast I would do 2 weeks and save on Airfare and would also go to one hotel then you don't need to worry about shifting. You can always try other hotels on other trips. Even 2 weeks is not long enough :-)

User Info Menu

I would prefer plan B, even though I travel from Seattle. But the flights from here are redeyes that get you into MBJ by noon the next day, so not much lost on the travel time. Half the enjoyment for me is the anticipation of the trip and twice is nicer. I'd be bummed to know I would have to wait a whole year to come back.
    Sandi Sans 85/87, CCLP 2002/03/04/05/06/07/08, June/July 2011

User Info Menu

Definately A for us. Having had a 21 day trip among all the 14 day ones, the longer the better. I always think it takes 4/5 days to achieve the level of Negrilness that I really want. As you've not done the 'longer' trip yet Clarity, I would recommend saving for this and then making your mind up what suits for every other trip you make.
    Rise early, treat everyday as though it's your last and your last day as it's your first.

User Info Menu

Option C

As long as you can and then as often as you can. Once in a lifetime, once a year or more. Maximize the airfare investment.

You had a fantastic 6 days. It only gets better the longer you stay.

User Info Menu

Most of our previous trips were 10 days and we would split 5 days on the beach and 5 days in the cliffs, at Seastar of course. Then we stretched to 12 days all to cliffs and then the last trip was 14 days. One week just does not seem to justify the expense for us, especially when 2 days are travel days. Leaves you with only 5 days to chill. Depending on the amount of stress you have carried down with you, it may take at least a few days to unwind. We have another 2 weeks this January and then we are graduating to 3 weeks for 2013. Thank goodness for the summers back home to get us through the stretch to get back. As was suggested - stretch your next trip to 10 days including weekends then you'll see, you may be stretching longer the next time.

User Info Menu

This is a hard one...2 weeks is definately more cost effective, airfare being the big factor. BUT.....after a few months, I need to get back, I think about it ALL the time (like right now, last day there was Jan 8, so I am due!) My vote is for option B.

User Info Menu

I agree with jennnn
    The first trip I ever made to Negril was in January 1999 (1 week)....then I went right back in May (1999) (2 weeks) and then again in November (1999) (1 week)...that was a really great year! LOL
    But that first taste is a drug and you just HAVE to find a way back!

I once went for only 5 days because I got a good deal but I vowed to never ever do that again. I said I will never go for less than a week. Last year we went for 10 days and this year we are going for 10 days, but I tell you if I had been able to do 2 trips a week each I would have picked that instead.
    No matter how long a trip is, it eventually ends and the end is EVEN harder if you dont already have another reach planned, you know what I mean.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by spottycatz View Post
    Definately A for us. Having had a 21 day trip among all the 14 day ones, the longer the better. I always think it takes 4/5 days to achieve the level of Negrilness that I really want. As you've not done the 'longer' trip yet Clarity, I would recommend saving for this and then making your mind up what suits for every other trip you make.
    I vote for A also. Our first trip was for 18 days and we moved every couple of days all around the island to see everything possible and figure out which area we enjoyed the most. Then each year we came back (1 trip each) for about 15-16 days. Airfare is the biggest expense...we fly out of Chicago. The day arriving and leaving we lose and are wiped out from traveling with our two daughters. This year we may not even get in a vacation because of airfare and it makes me incredibly sad. I just keep hoping it will go down around mid December when are always take our vacations for Christmas time.

User Info Menu

Attachment 1491now that you have been there, you know that 1 week is just NOT ENOUGH.besides, once a year you have time to think just how much fun you are going to have.telling ppl.about your up comming trip is really exciting,and adds to your trip.then theres the savings on your airfair.you have to add in too.