Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Would you rather...

User Info Menu

Would you rather...

A. Go on ONE trip to Negril in a year (for a two week stretch – 14 day vacation)

B. Go on TWO trips to Negril in a year. (Each trip is seven days.)

?

Hubby and I were having a discussion about this and it would be interesting to hear other people’s views on it.

My perspective: Two trips to Jamaica are better than one. You’ll always have something to look forward to. When one trip ends, you’ll only have to wait a few months until the next one. Why put all your eggs in ONE basket?
    So according to this theory… we would go back to Negril this November and then again in April – 1 week each.

Hubby’s Perspective: Patience is a virtue. It’s smarter to save up all your vacation days and chill in Negril for 2 weeks. It’s cheaper because you’re not paying for airfare twice. You can use that money saved towards having a killer time. You can really RELAX and soak in the culture.

Granted, I have never taken a two week vacation. 6 days is the longest vacation I’ve ever had. I have no idea what two weeks is like. I’m sure it’s amazing... He might have a point there.

A or B? If given the choice between those two options, which would YOU choose?

In general, How long are your vacations? What's the perfect amount of time in Jamaica?
    Carpe Diem

User Info Menu

Clarity - We love to go as often as we can for as long as we can - So I can't decide! We try and find the least expensive place/best deal that we can, and ssttrrettcchh our budget to make it happen..
    The Earth is the Lord's and everything in it!

User Info Menu

I vote for B
    definitely, because my last reach was in October and my next reach is in October and let me tell you, this one year wait is NO FUN!
    Two trips in one year is much better (for me)

User Info Menu

The more the better, so I'll go with B

User Info Menu

I would go with B also.. My first time to Negril was 10 days and my last visit in April was 17days and the longest I have gone was 21 days The longer the better We are planning already for next April also..

User Info Menu

B here also,went April going Aug then again April....split them up for sure!

User Info Menu

I would rather go 2 weeks twice a year but the airfare is a bummer. So, We just go for a month once a year..
    Feb.1 - 16 Xtabi

[https://www.TickerFactory.com/]

User Info Menu

I choose A - for us it takes a while to really totally wind down, and we split our 16 days into 3 vacations. We stay at 3 different places and it's like you said Clarity, a new vacation begins every time we move. I love love love doing that! Also, we have to fly as far as you do, we fly out of SFO or Portland Or and it takes a day for that. But if we could only do a week, then I would be very happy to have that as well.
    Last edited by southcoastgirl; 05-26-2011 at 08:08 PM.

User Info Menu

I prefer the first choice because our flights are so long that two full days are lost to travel.

With a two week jaunt, that gives me 12 whole days to play and chill and truly relax.
    With two one week jaunts (14 days) there would be 4 days lost to travel and only ten days to play.

Savings on airfare can go towards upgrading to a really great place to stay, or even a shorty trip closer to home for an emergency getaway.

Out first trip to Negril was for 14 days, so we had 12 to chill. It was perfect for our first visit, and like you, we changed rooms midway.

Any tropical getaway is nice though, so I would take either one.

Happy planning.
    Life is good ~ Life on the beach is better!

User Info Menu

B would be less expensive but, I'd rather have A. A break from reality every six months is better than waiting for a whole year, in my opinion.

Gosh, you have such a nice problem.