Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Online Cell Top...a site I found

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by booger View Post
    I'm curious as well. And another question I have is will the Digicel let you top up a phone if the sim has been deactivated? I added credit last month and it took, but I'm not sure if my sim is still active. Thanks
    Did you buy a digicel phone?
    I have had mine for about 10 years or so (I still get laughs from folks when they see me using the really old nokia, but hey it works). I have had the same sim for quite some time. I have the phone with me and I take it back each trip. While I am here in the states, I call the phone number once a month. If it goes to my voicemail I know I am good, if it doesn't then I top up online and then call again, it will usually go to my voicemail. When I land I just have to buy a $100J card and input the minutes and then my phone works again. I haven't bought minutes in Jamaica in forever it seems because my minutes remain from any that I have topped up while state side......hope this helps!

User Info Menu

i topped up once a month - just easier to remember and to avoid the 1 month - 3 month dilemna

i know the ezetop site checks to see if the number is active (sim working) before the credit is sent.

i think digicel does the same

try testing it with a fake number like (876) 123-4567

also it appears that digicel makes you add $100J when you arrive to "unfreeze" your minutes

on ezetop i'm usually talking on the phone before i leave the plane

and i too top up from my computer - too old to read those tiny numbers on the back of those cards - plus i can add more credit amounts

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by marley9808 View Post
    Did you buy a digicel phone?
    I have had mine for about 10 years or so (I still get laughs from folks when they see me using the really old nokia, but hey it works). I have had the same sim for quite some time. I have the phone with me and I take it back each trip. While I am here in the states, I call the phone number once a month. If it goes to my voicemail I know I am good, if it doesn't then I top up online and then call again, it will usually go to my voicemail. When I land I just have to buy a $100J card and input the minutes and then my phone works again. I haven't bought minutes in Jamaica in forever it seems because my minutes remain from any that I have topped up while state side......hope this helps!
    Yes ma'am. I'll call it and see what happens. Thanks Marley.

User Info Menu

No problem! Hope it works for you!

User Info Menu

i have an 9 yr old sony that folks laughed at 2,,but hey it works!!!! i've been topping up on the digicel site..no fees. i forgot my sim card this trip but was able to get a replacement for 500j with my same number and credit. automatic top up takes the worry away.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Seveen View Post
    i topped up once a month - just easier to remember and to avoid the 1 month - 3 month dilemna

i know the ezetop site checks to see if the number is active (sim working) before the credit is sent.

i think digicel does the same

try testing it with a fake number like (876) 123-4567

also it appears that digicel makes you add $100J when you arrive to "unfreeze" your minutes

on ezetop i'm usually talking on the phone before i leave the plane

and i too top up from my computer - too old to read those tiny numbers on the back of those cards - plus i can add more credit amounts
    This is so confusing! So if I top up using Digicell I will still have to wait to buy a card when I get there for it to work? But if I top up using the Eztop it will work right away? This is the first time I am trying to remember to top up because I always forget and end up having to get a new sim card when I get there....
    "Don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" R.N.M

User Info Menu

"also it appears that digicel makes you add $100J when you arrive to "unfreeze" your minutes"

Digicel customers have access to their Airtime Loyalty Points which can be used to purchase $100j of credit (per month) or apply toward buying a new phone. You can use that $100j credit to 'unfreeze' and allow you to make calls.

User Info Menu

does every digicel phone on the prepaid minutes require you to add 100j once you land to make the phone work? even if you are topping off via the internet just days before? if so where is closest place to get a 100-500j phone card adder? What if you were there just six week earlier?
    many thanks

User Info Menu

If you were there just six weeks earlier, you will be fine. Just charge it up and turn it on....as long as you had a balance of minutes left on the phone you will be fine!

User Info Menu

thanks marley and i will have to ask digicel what the scoop on the 100j adder is to get the phone to work when one returns from long stint away even if they have minutes on the phone