Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Online Cell Top...a site I found

User Info Menu

Online Cell Top...a site I found

I've been meaning to post this site. I used it to top up my phone in JA one morning I didn't feel like running out for a card:

http://www.ezetop.com/

You can top up any Claro and Digicel phones. It's more expensive than buying cards but very convenient. You can also use it to top up other people's phones. I'm wondering if I can use it to top up state side so minutes don't expire between reaches?

Just thought I'd share...any other sites that may be better...please share yours.....

Blue Cave Castle '12, '13 '14 '15 '16 Catcha Falling Star '13 Boardwalk Village '14 '15

User Info Menu

Kevin,

yes you can top up your phone from any computer any where.

I use it to keep my Jamaican sim card active.

BTW. If you have a T Mobile phone with a sim card you can put the Digicel sim in it and it will work. Don't make a regular call with it as you you will roaming and the charges are pretty hefty. However, by dialing *120# it will check your credit for no charge and keep the phone active.
    Linston's Zion Hill Taxi

Captain Dave

User Info Menu

Ahhh. The online top-up. Careful folks, don't get drained. LOL. It happens to the best of us though...'nuff said.

http://www.digiceljamaica.com/

Lots of times, you get double credit at certain "cost levels"...

User Info Menu

I top up my Jamaican phone from home with ezetop as well. I put $5.00 US (your credit card will be charged $5.65) every 90 days to keep my sim active. Sometimes I will have to add 100J when I get to Negril to make a call but if you top up every 90 days all your credit will still be there. The last 2 trips I topped up the day before we left home and my phone worked on arrival. Incidentally almost every time I top up my credit card company (Capital One) contacts me to see if I authorized the charge.

User Info Menu

I just requested my sim subsidy unlock code for my t-mobile phone and intend to get a sim next reach.

Quote Originally Posted by captaind View Post
    Kevin,

yes you can top up your phone from any computer any where.

I use it to keep my Jamaican sim card active.

BTW. If you have a T Mobile phone with a sim card you can put the Digicel sim in it and it will work. Don't make a regular call with it as you you will roaming and the charges are pretty hefty. However, by dialing *120# it will check your credit for no charge and keep the phone active.

Blue Cave Castle '12, '13 '14 '15 '16 Catcha Falling Star '13 Boardwalk Village '14 '15

User Info Menu

I also just go directly to Digicel online to top up. No fees and like someone said earlier, they offer promos with double minutes sometimes. That doesn't help you if you are topping up at home just to keep it active but getting double the credit to use for a week when you are in JA is sweet!
    "Don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" R.N.M

User Info Menu

we finally bought a phone this past reach, do all the top ups from state side remain in the account until you return assuming that you dont let the sim go dormant!

By the way how long in between top ups do you have to avoid the sim being deactivated; some folks have said monthly some every two months yet others say every three???
    many thanks

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Rastaron View Post
    we finally bought a phone this past reach, do all the top ups from state side remain in the account until you return assuming that you dont let the sim go dormant!

By the way how long in between top ups do you have to avoid the sim being deactivated; some folks have said monthly some every two months yet others say every three???
    many thanks
    I'm curious as well. And another question I have is will the Digicel let you top up a phone if the sim has been deactivated? I added credit last month and it took, but I'm not sure if my sim is still active. Thanks

User Info Menu

If you have an unlocked Tmobil with the Digcel sim inserted you can send *124# and it will give the date your credit expires out as well as the "drop dead" date of your sim card. If you go past that you'll have to get a new sim and a new phone number.

For instance, my credit will expire in mid March but my sim will not expire 'tll July.

I have a few hundred Ja. left in credit because just before I left in December I sent most of my credit to my kids.

Next week I'll put a couple of thousand on the phone for use on our trip in March.

I travel home every three months.
    Linston's Zion Hill Taxi

Captain Dave

User Info Menu

Thanks Captain. Unfortunately I do not have an unlocked phone. There has to be another way? Anyone?