Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Am I going to miss the beach?

User Info Menu

I've never stayed at a hotel on the cliffs but when i was there for the summer i stayed with my grandmother on the cliffs and i didn't miss the beach at all..and i consider myself to be a beach girl... the vibe on the cliffs is very different than on the beach..its just relaxed and very chill.. its beautiful..

i was there for 2 months and i went to the beach like 5 times... i mostly just walked around the cliffs..

Name:  427.jpg
Views: 180
Size:  99.8 KB

User Info Menu

Ok, I feel relieved! Thanks for all the input. I'm going to leave things as they are and just enjoy the experience!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by tfw73 View Post
    I have a problem...I overthink things too much! Our next reach, we are splitting our stay up for the first time, seven nights on the beach and three nights on the cliffs at Xtabi. I am worried that I am going to miss the beach too much. Has anyone else been a diehard beach fan and still loved staying on the cliffs? Husband is no help whatsoever! He just says, "I don't care, it's up to you!"

It's not too late to book the last three nights on the beach. I have always wanted to try out the cliffs, however. Opinions from anyone who felt similarly?
    No worries hon! If you get serious beach withdrawals you all just come visit us at CC! I'm kinda jealous of your plans! It never occurred to me to split our trip between the beach and the cliffs. We will have to try that someday. I'm hoping to spend a lot more time on the cliffs this trip, everyone makes it sound chill and amazing. I know your going to have a great time, your in going to be in Negril!

Awaiting our return to Negril, 07/01/12

User Info Menu

It all depends on what you are looking for. I used to be a beach bum, but stayed on the cliffs and now I only go to the beach for a day of action if that's what I'm looking for at the time then I head back to the cliffs to less hassel. I love the cliffs peace.
    Copper
    Live,Stay true to yourself, and Never Compromise for anything

User Info Menu

Well you know y'all are going to have to come hang with us at Xtabi!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by tfw73 View Post
    Well you know y'all are going to have to come hang with us at Xtabi!
    Oh Hells yes we are! Looking forward to it!

Awaiting our return to Negril, 07/01/12

User Info Menu

I'm doing my first cliff stay in a few weeks. I originally planned on doing 7 nights on the cliffs then booking the last 2 nights back on the beach, but the more I thought about packing up and moving everything for just a few days I decided to just do the whole 9 days on the cliffs...I'll let you know how it goes!
    "Don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" R.N.M

User Info Menu

me too r-gal. i can't do split stays - once i'm unpacked i never wanna even SEE the suitcase again until i have to leave. i do stay on the cliffs from time to time as well, and while it's lovely, i DO seriously miss being right on the sand. From now on it's back to the beach for me and i'll visit the cliffs, instead of the other way around.

tfw73, i think it's eminently worth it to check it out up there though; the beach is still right there, only a few minutes away. and you might really enjoy the wonderful laidback cliff vibes too - you won't know til you try it, so i'd say go for it!

User Info Menu

We just returned a couple weeks ago from our first split stay 3 days at Rock House and 7 days at Coco, I really enjoyed the west end vibe and snorkeling right off the resort was really nice, also lots of great places to eat and drink on the west end, the Beach is also really nice and good for people watching and I really enjoy walking the beach. After staying on the beach for 10 or more trips in the last 20 years it was a nice change to split it up. I think next year maybe 50/50 split would be nice and a couple more days maybe extend the stay to12 days, It's never long enough and goes way to fast. only 340 some odd days to get back!
    Last edited by SHUMBA; 02-24-2012 at 01:56 PM.

User Info Menu

I don't think you will regret your decision. It's good to mix it up once in a while. I started out doing the exact same thing...but WARNING....you just might get hooked on the cliffs!! It's happened to many of us. This trip, we were there 3 weeks and it was 2 weeks into our vacation when I realized my feet hadn't touched the sand!!!

Don't worry yourself, the beach is only a route taxi ride away!!! Enjoy your stay and don't forget to let us know how you liked it!