Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Am I going to miss the beach?

User Info Menu

Am I going to miss the beach?

I have a problem...I overthink things too much! Our next reach, we are splitting our stay up for the first time, seven nights on the beach and three nights on the cliffs at Xtabi. I am worried that I am going to miss the beach too much. Has anyone else been a diehard beach fan and still loved staying on the cliffs? Husband is no help whatsoever! He just says, "I don't care, it's up to you!"

It's not too late to book the last three nights on the beach. I have always wanted to try out the cliffs, however. Opinions from anyone who felt similarly?

User Info Menu

You current plans are good, and next year maybe you'll skip the beach altogether.. Besides ,most cliff hotels will take you to the beach if you desire

User Info Menu

I had the exact opposite thoughts on my last trip, as i booked Seasplash for all 8 nights and prefer to stay on the westend. Dont worry, I was ok although I missed stopping at a lot of my regular spots on the westend.
    Trip #59 most of February

User Info Menu

Cool No Worries

twf73, not to worry!! You are going to just LOVE the vibes on the cliffs. You will not miss the beach, because the water is still right by you, making a sweet rythmic(sp) sound as it slaps the island. A sweet way to end the day, and start the day. Also the chances of seeing dolphins. ENJOY and RELAX!~~
    Name:  IMG_2186.jpg
Views: 291
Size:  93.3 KB
    "I'll love you till the stars fall out of the sky "

:cool

User Info Menu

We'd always had stays on the beach and then circumstances meant that on one visit, we moved to Blue Cave Castle, heaven!!! We then went back to BCC for our next trip and then back to Rondel on the beach for our last. So this time we're splitting, 5 days at Citronella and then 9 at Idle Awhile. Cliffs and beach are both brilliant in their own way. You're doing the right thing.
    Rise early, treat everyday as though it's your last and your last day as it's your first.

User Info Menu

Beach is only 10 minutes away by taxi plus you are already staying on the beach so you aren't going to miss much.

User Info Menu

I had always stayed on the beach, but last reach, after reading reviews here, and visiting the West End previously for dinner/drinking, I did 10 days on the cliffs, and 2 in Belmont (in the country) in between. (As in: 5 days @ Seastar, then 2 in Belmont, and back to Negril for 4 days @ a cliff hotel I won't name).

Honestly, I missed the beach a little....(Belmont had a nice one so I was set when I was there) but while in Negril I went to 7 mile for a day and chilled at Country Country for lunch and drinks and more drinks and...had a BLAST.

I don't think I'll ever stay all beach or all cliff again...I like the mix. If I had to chose ONE...I'd go cliff...and just visit the beach when I want to. (April reach I am doing 3 Seastar, 2-3 Belmont, 5-7 White Sands).

You are going to adore the West End. It's so different. I think you are making a great choice to try it.

Xtabi is amazing...have fun!

...I overthink a lot too...

User Info Menu

I just returned, split my stay between Wild Parrot on the beach, and Blue Cave Castle on the cliffs. It really worked out well. My beach days were full of activity, walking the beach alot, stopping and seeing old friend, shopping, eating out, swimming, etc. I moved to BCC for the last 2 days and just chilled, relaxed on the veranda, took a few naps. It was a great wind-down before returning home.

User Info Menu

I'm not sure it's possible to regret a stay at Xtabi. The general rule of thumb is you regret NOT staying longer at Xtabi. Go. Live. Love.
    What's so funny 'bout Peace, Love and Understanding?

User Info Menu

Forgot to mention...I am a diehard beach fan...but...the cliffs are beautiful. Great for snorkelling too, take a set with you if you can. Xtabi is lovely, I dont think you will regret it.