Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: Taxi question

User Info Menu

Taxi question

Is it easy to catch a cab in a public place such as Rick's Cafe, Cosmos, or even say Margaritaville? Or is it best to call one of the ones mentioned in older posts? I thought i read something about only using taxi's with red plates. Can someone explain that too?

I want to thank everyone who has responded to previous posts. Your insight has been greatly helpful and I am thankful I found this message board!

User Info Menu

It is easy to get a cab at all those places and yes only use red licence plates because they are the ones insured to carry passengers.

User Info Menu

there will be plenty taxi's around looking for your business. Just make sure it has red plates (which means it is properly licensed and insured) and that you agree on a price either in US or JA currency before you get in vehicle. If you are going to be out late at night, it is a good idea to have a taxi driver's cell number available in case you need it ... either a recommendation from this board or just ask a driver you like for his card. If you do not have a JA cell phone, just ask the business establishment to call them for you.

User Info Menu

But please be respectful of the mother that just got off work trying to get back to her three hungry children and give her a lift when you see her.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Rob in Kansas View Post
    But please be respectful of the mother that just got off work trying to get back to her three hungry children and give her a lift when you see her.
    Good point if using the route taxi system and not asking for a private charter. Tell e driver to pick up others along the way.