Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 21 12345611 ... LastLast

Thread: I don't know what to call it..***trip report****

User Info Menu

Trip Report:

With only 1 day and 14 hours left home... i figure i should start my trip report with some more extensive background information..

Trip 1: March 3rd-8th 2011

My first trip was bumpy... with only airfare booked i headed to jamaica and ended up staying with a family member the first night in orange hill, which was not my idea of a beach vacation. (i do not like goats) it was a culture shock to say the least. For the first couple days all i did was sleep, cry, and NOT eat. once settled into my room a Hidden paradise i explored beach road and went walking along the beach, that is where i ran into the place i would spend the next three days: Margaritaville! i went there everyday, sometimes twice a day to relax on the beach,drink and swim. i went between there and my room at the hotel my entire trip with the exception of one day i went to west end to visit my grandmother.. and a night after eating dinner, and a long night of drinking i was summoned to west end for a long dreaded reunion with family members who knew me but i had no idea who they were.. in my defense i had not been to negril since i was 4. Anyways, while i was there i met a few people, mostly guys, had drinks but i didnt even know jungle existed at this time. by the end of my trip i was calling my mother telling her im extending my trip, she said no, i came home but started looking at airline prices for late summer.
    Name:  172719_209289439086493_100000163162351_965629_7427669_o.jpg
Views: 1169
Size:  99.3 KBName:  191079_209291439086293_100000163162351_965656_4125910_o.jpg
Views: 1182
Size:  80.8 KBName:  191327_209285385753565_100000163162351_965589_4742658_o.jpg
Views: 1190
Size:  92.6 KBName:  192347_209285485753555_100000163162351_965590_3715903_o.jpg
Views: 1177
Size:  96.3 KB

Trip 2: June 20-August 18th 2011

As luck, or misfortune would have it my return wasn't too far off. Im early June a bad break-up/ another very bad thing had me running for Jamaica. On the night of that break-up i came home and said "mom, when i get paid on friday i'm buying a ticket to jamaica" and added half joking "will you support me if i go for a couple months" to my surprise she said yes. so i booked my fight on June 13th and departed on June 20th. This experience was much different than my first, I was on the cliffs. I opted to stay with my grandmother because it was the responsible thing to do in terms of my bank account, but i cherished this experience. My Grandmother and uncles had been trying to get me to come to jamaica for years, but the idea i staying with strangers wasn't very comfortable. However, after meeting them during my first trip, i loved them and i was comfortable. The first couple weeks i stayed in the house, only venturing up to the nearest store or occasionally to my aunts house at the top of breadnut lane. Eventually i began going on longer walks up closer to ricks, that is when i met rasta troy and Nacka.. They became the people i hung out with every day. I also enjoyed the company of Tamara, my cousins girlfriend/babymama, she became my partner in crime at Jungle as well as various other parties. Towards the end of my trip Kyle the Canadian became a good friend as well.. he convinced me to jump of the cliffs at ricks fully clothed.. good times. I made a lot of friends and "friends" and "FRIENDS" during my time on the cliffs. It was an experience like no other. From the shock of no dryers to me finding out i own goats (lol) to taking walks from my grandmothers house by archway all the way down to my fathers shop (outta town pastry) and all around i got a feel for the land.. and i actually prefer to hang out in west end.. i prefer the laid back, relaxed, lets burn a fat one vibe as opposed to the hustle and bustle of the beach, but i prefer to stay on the beach. During this trip i also learned to adore orange hill, its not all goat, its actually very beautiful during the day, but its so hard to get a taxi back down the hill =( I am so grateful for my mom helping me when i was on this trip (sending me money every week) and i am forever in debt to my grandmother who is well into her 90s but cooked me wonderful meals everynight. i was very sad when i had to leave on the 18th, but it was time to get back to reality, school and work =(
    Name:  115.jpg
Views: 1167
Size:  98.7 KBName:  464.jpg
Views: 1081
Size:  100.1 KBName:  407.jpg
Views: 1150
Size:  92.3 KB
    Last edited by BreanaAshlee; 03-11-2012 at 09:04 PM.

User Info Menu

Lucky young lady.
    Make your Mum and Granny proud.
    One love
    B

User Info Menu

I like how you roll. Thanks for the report. Say hi to Nacka for me!

User Info Menu

Awesome story! Staying tuned for the next chapter...IRIE! *IG
    β€œIt is better to travel well than to arrive.” – Buddha

User Info Menu

lovely intro, and how great to have family there to look out for you. I am looking forward to your upcoming trip.

User Info Menu

You're so lucky to have a family n Negril to look out for you....cherish your granny. I did not know you were Jamaican, but that can work in your favor.....sounds like your peeps are there for you. I'm sure Negril will welcome you with open arms when you decide to come forward again.....love that you have made friends with the peeps around you.

User Info Menu

Great report so far.
    I would love to meet your family while we are hanging out next week.
    As I said before...I can't wait to meet you!!!

User Info Menu

Great start and beautiful photos! Looking forward to more.

User Info Menu

Nice background. I agree, you are fortunate to have a solid family base in Jamaica. You don't know how many times I hope to find out I have family there. Looking forward to your report and pictures. You ladies are going to have a blast!!

User Info Menu

Thank you for all of your lovely comments!

Tomorrow is the big day, i head for the airport at 4AM tomorrow and i will be in negril before noon!

I've set a few goals for my self:
    Help Iriesistah get her groove back by partying the nights away!

Leave a trail of bottle caps longer than PGW's

and write a Trip report that ranks a 6-8 on the Brasi Scale

ive also made a promise to myself that i would not go to margaritaville.

only 1/3 of a sleep left =)