Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: trip report from two years ago, Sorry so late

User Info Menu

I'll be staying tuned
    Stir IT UP

User Info Menu

Thanks for the trip report! Love it!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Brianfrommass View Post
    I brought a small goodie bag of sweeties for the girls for the first visit, when i left they were all jacked up on candy. Shannon mentioned she felt bad that dave had to deal the jacked up kids.
    I am really enjoying your report. So many times I found myself smiling and saying "awwww" out loud when I read your words. Like the quote above. I bring a lot of sweeties so I'm guilty of jacking up kids and adults. so much fun. I admire how you gave all your attention to Shannon making sure her first visit was a great one. Waiting for more!

User Info Menu

I want to reflect on my first two days, I dont think i did a good job painting the proper picture.

Shannon my girlfriend got a day to day trip report if full detail over the phone for a month in december before this may 2010 trip. In between that time as well she heard all kinds of stories from over the years. I know she was looking foward to meeting the people i talked so much about. Also in my stories i mentioned things i did and places i go. She was looking foward to going to 23/7, but tragiclly a few weeks before we got down there, there was a major problem there, they closed and have not opened since.
    I spent alot of time in december at 23/7, and my default beach spot was the free beach. So on our first morning, it was tough driving by 23/7 with a blocked gate. But i was totally confertable chilling at free beach. Shannon got a quick beach visit that morning, but i dont think she was satisfied with that short beach visit.

On our first day, when we stopped on the beach road to get my scooter, i was alittle nervous shannon would get mad that i was leaving her alone with a guy she didnt know that well. I was wrong, i had talked enough about jose that she felt totally comfertable. He acted like he knew her, her whole life. Treated her just like he does my mom, he is very caring mello person. Josey is very easy going so shannon and my mom feel safe and chatty with him. He loves the attention, he probly dropped me off on purpose so he could get some alone time, LOL.
    When shannon and i arrived at the castle, we didnt have much time to explore propurty. We checked out the room, we both loved the view from the bed. the wooded shutters were open, it was sunny and the big beautiful sea. the room was spacious and perfect for us. Like others, when we arived i asked how do we check in, after we were in our room with key. I owed some money, and wanted to take care of it soon. i could tell shannon was happy with my choice in the castle. After our arons, we got a chance to check out property alittle. We checked out the cave and the court yard and then on to swimming on the cliffs. She is affraid of open water, so she kinda splashes on the latter. I rember that first swim, she laid on the rocks just soaking up the sun. I could never do that i would get bored real quick but she seemed more then content.

Saturday was first day (travel down day), Sunday was our first full day in jamaica. At this point we had not seen anyone from blue cave castle staff execpt the guy opening the gate for us and helped us with our bags. We didnt really come in contact with any other guests. The castle felt very private and empty. We both liked that.

User Info Menu

You paint a great picture Brian, loving it... My girlfriends brother-in-law, Coolbook, is a house-techno DJ so I'm really enjoying your viewpoint.
    What's so funny 'bout Peace, Love and Understanding?

User Info Menu

Now on to monday, We had plans for shannon to get her hair braided. We got up early, went down to the water and i swam while shan soaked up the sun. Around 8am i tried to get ahold of uncle dave to find out where and when zoey wanted to do the hair. we made plans for zoey to come to our hotel to do shannon's hair. She would be getting ready and taking a taxi down. So i jumped on the scooter solo and went to out of town pasties and got some patties. if i rember correctly i got 4, 2 beef 2 chicken, but i could be wrong. Also stopped at a store and got abunch of frozen box juice and snacks. Got back to room to feed shannon before her hair doo. well zoey didnt show up till almost 11am, shannon wanted her hair done bad was alittle agrivated it got off to a late start. I made plans to bring the girls back lunch, took there orders and told them to call me when they got hungry. So i took off on the scooter by myself

I heade to sheffield and ran into a friend that was more than excitetd to see me. I dj'd at his bar a few times back in december and on other trips. He told me people were waiting for me to come back and play. He begged me to come thru one night, i told him the only night that i could was tuesday night, wich was the next night, not much time to get the word out i was playing, but we made plans for tuesday. I headed to josey's, he was home and so were some friends of mine from across the street. Shannon missed meeting the girls from across the street that time. I told them all that i would be playing tuesday night at the bar, and they all got excited, one of the girls instantly got on the phone telling someone. Celeberty status. LOL I had made plans to link later with jose to go out later that night. i was out visiting in sheffield, when i got a call that the girls wanted some food.

So i headed back to negril. I went to the reasturant across from fire station. Not sure the name, but i see taxi drivers there all the time, so ask taxi driver. its a local place, very little tourists. They have a black board with specials, wich i think is there only menu. I got the ladies there food and headed back to the castle. The ladies were in room doing the hair. i forgot to mention shannon got a deal on hair here in the us, so she brought down packages of hair to be added to her braids. there was hair packs all over the place, and hair strans on the floor. They informed me it was windy that day, (wich i new i am on a scooter) they were having some troubles because of the wind. They took a break and ate on the patio out side in the sun. I stayed for alittle while, the girls seemed to be getting along very well. Both full of smiles and chatty. I was alittle nervous about zoey having think accent and shannon getting unconfertable for what ever reason. I was pleased that zoey toned down the patwa, and spoke good english. I was kinda kicked out of the room, saying i was changing the vibe. I did not eat luch with them. I on the hand was craving a burger.

This is where i expect to get some heat from you guys, yes i go to burger king and like it. Burger King in ja uses jamaica products, so it tastes diffrent. So i went to burger king by myself for lunch. I order a whopper meal with a grape soda (no grape soda at my local bk), sit by the windows of the sea side. Now sometimes, like this trip i stay in a room with no ac. B.k. has ac, works nice, so i enjoy the view and the ac with a burger and fries. I am a big sweets guy, so i went to ice cream shop for dessert.
    That day was my ride day, i rode the beach and cliff road up and down twice. I like the ride upto and around tank hill. I pre roll in the morning, so i stop at really nice view places for a smoke. Tank hill good spot for a mountain bay view. Another place i love to go is the light house. I sit on the cliff and have a puff. one day a few years ago, the ground keeper begged me for some money for some food. The next day i packed a lunch for two people and went to the light house. I gave him tupper ware with food, a box drink and two granolia bars for a later snack. He wont ever forget me, and he dont. I like to where a chrome helmet and always seem to wear a plain white tee. The grounds keeper must of saw me and came out to say hello. I bring snacks from home, i give snacks to guys like that man, appercative of what i give him. Only says something when he knows he wont eat it and it will go to waste. I forgot what it was, but i gave him something and he was very honest about not likeing it, but very carefull not to seem ungratefull.
    My day was spent solo cruising on the scooter, but getting close to sunset i became very tired. I went to castle chatted with ladies before going for a swim until sunset. The ladies and i watched the sunset from the patio. Zoey was working hard on shannon while she was sitting in a chair. The ladies had opened a bottle of vodka i brought down for my moms party. Luckly flavored vodka could be found at grocery store, so i replaced it before the party. The girls were in good moods and seem to be enjoying eachothers company. Well once it got dark, i was sitting on patio, and passed out. I was woken up by shannon. She was upset that Zoey was gone and her hair was not done. Jose came and picked her up while i was sleeping, shannon cancelled our plans to go out with him, but we would be at bar the next night for "the return of energy jesus". It was like ten at night, it was taking Zoey alittle longer then thought it would. I was able to calm her down, but it was to late to go out to dinner so she ate some leftovers from her and zoey lunch. So we went to bed early that night.
    I might be painting the wrong picture, she wasnt mad at zoey, she was mad it had taken so long and still wasnt done. They had made plans to finsh it tomarow at Daves house because Zoey had to help supervise some prep work for my moms party. So Shannon felt better that tomarow dave would be there to speed up Zoey. I suggested if they didnt talk so much she could get more work done. If looks could kill jamaica would have been destoyed that day. Woops, sorry babe, talk and work?? Still with a death look, i just shut up and walk away before i am sleeping outside for the night.

Shannon spent the whole day on the castle property. I heard her tell zoey that she didnt want to stare at a wall with all this pretty scenere around. I got the vibe from shannon that she was fine with her day in the long run. She made a good friend, and got her hair done with a nice view.She was unhappy how i fell asleep on patio and didnt do something for dinner, but she got over it. Also the loved feeling the breeze from the sea, but the wind made doing hair harder.
    I was fine with the change in plans, but felt bad that i was asleep when jose came to pick up Zoey, i wasnt there to make plans. Luckly Everyone new our shcedule of events so there was little room for miscomunication. The plan now was to bring shannon tuesday morning to uncle daves where i was going anyway to check in on party stuff. So day three down.

i hope to improve my stlye by june 2012 of trip reporting. so bare with me, hope you enjoying

User Info Menu

I'm really enjoying your report and can't wait to hear about June. I like how you talk about individuals you visit or meet as you move about. I can visualize them and the moment. Please return and give us more...personally I love your style just the way it is. Lots of detail and thoughts. I gasped when I read this line...

"I suggested if they didnt talk so much she could get more work done."

What a BRAVE man you were at that moment.

User Info Menu

the only BK I will eat is in JA lol, don't sweat the technique, for reasons you state.

jamaican people want variety and choices too and should have it. am always glad when more food choices come on the scene, maybe not fast food joints but this BK is different. I think I drove by one of your sets a few times one night, looked like a nice vibe.
    "I beseech thee, my lord , let this venture be mine..."

-Sir Gawain

User Info Menu

Great report. Love all the details. I am same way -- obsessed about getting a scooter for duration of my trip! I have gone to Elvis a lot, too, he is GREAT.