Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Best hotel on the beach under $100 a night?

User Info Menu

Best hotel on the beach under $100 a night?

We’re doing a cliffs/Beach/Cliffs split for our 10 year wedding anniversary in April. Now that we actually have the airline tickets booked (Still can't believe it!)…We need to find a room on the beach for four days.

We love the Grand Pineapple, but want to stay at a non-A.I. beach hotel this time around. We want to explore more and experience different food/different bars. I thought about staying at CocolaPalm again. It a great hotel, but we really want to try somewhere new.

I had my eye on Kuyaba, but the room I really wanted was already booked.

I’ve been looking at a lot of different hotels since then… White Sands (right next to Best of the West! Yum!), The Palms resort (A pool!), Bar B Barn (lots of great reviews)…

The one hotel that has caught my eye recently is SeaSplash. I know that the renovations have been completed. I like the fact that it has a pool and a Jacuzzi, the rooms look really nice, I like the Tiki hut look and I just saw the webcast at noon. It looks really beautiful there…

We’re looking for somewhere, clean, safe, with a comfortable king size bed and a nice vibe. (with a coffee maker in the room so we don’t have to try to squeeze one into our two carry-on bags)

WIFI (taking my laptop), A balcony and a pool would be nice too. we don’t need those three things though. We're pretty laid back

Affordable food close by and a nice bar onsite with a happy hour special would be a big bonus.

There so many choices…Any advice or hotel suggestions anyone can offer would be really appreciated.
    Thanks guys!!

-Daisy & Markus
    Last edited by Clarity; 03-01-2012 at 07:43 PM.
    Carpe Diem

User Info Menu

What about Coco? Does the Coco Mad sale run those dates? I'd look on Negril One Stop! I like the look of White Sands, too.

User Info Menu

Coco La Palm is a great choice and you can get there deal right now that includes breakfast!

http://www.negrilonestop.com/cocolap...ale_2012.shtml

They are right in the middle of 7 mile and Best In The West is right across the street for some great jerk chicken!
    The staff is very friendly and the security is top notch!!!

I've been reading your reports and I am so sorry for your loss. As I am going through a lot of HELL right now in
    my life, I can't wait to get back to Jamaica and re-energize!

And if you like to snorkel, Captain Rhondel is on Coco's beach and will take great care of ya!

Name:  DSCN2768.jpg
Views: 520
Size:  97.8 KB
    View from Breakfast!
    One Good Thing About Music, When It Hits You Feel No Pain!

User Info Menu

They stayed at Coco La Palm on their very first trip, they both loved it, but I think in her post she mentions that they considered staying there again since they loved it, but they really wanted to try something new

I would say look at Seasplash. You know we are cliff people but I have heard nothing but good reviews from the few on this board that have stayed there since the renovation. Perhaps even Jim is still running a boardie special,maybe?
    I too think Kuyaba is nice, I would probably consider it if staying on the beach, but if the room you want is booked then I would say see what kind of deal you could get on Seasplash, or check out White Sands, that one sounds nice too.....but I am just agreeing with you, since I don't have any real beach experience to add.

Maybe check out NegrilOneStop to see what specials they are running through April?
    Good luck!

Just so excited that you guys pushed the button! Woo Hoo

User Info Menu

Oh, I didn't know they had already stayed at Coco. I love the place!

User Info Menu

I just saw a deal on negrilonestop.com for Bar-B-Barn for $110 per couple, including breakfast and dinner. Awesome deal, imo. It caught my eye because we were really thinking about staying there...heard so many great things about it on this board. Not sure if that included taxes/fees and all.

P.S. Sorry Daisy, we may be part of your problem at Kuyaba...we are booked in the honeymoon suite 4/29-5/3.

User Info Menu

Okay, I just have to say this..if you are thinking about the Palms for the pool, if it's anything like it was this past November, I would forget it..that was without a doubt one of the nastiest pools I saw on the beach, period...you couldn't pay me to get in it..but that's just me.

User Info Menu

The honeymoon suite at Kuyaba is awesome. We got to see it first hand in October when our friends the Twisters stayed there....very cool room!
    Yes, tfw73, Coco La Palm is nice! we will definitely be hitting up the bar this trip in April since we found out that our favorite bartender (formerly of Xtabi) Donovan is now there!

User Info Menu

Daisy/Markus,

Being single as a shingle, I have less requirements for space. I got a sweet deal at White Sands...beachside, AC, free wifi...pool...free safe.

I think I am a cliff guy, last time was my first trip to the WE and loved it, so for the first part of my stay I am at Seastar. But I missed the beach last time, just a bit, so when I got this deal I took it to try the beach again, and mix it up. Almost crazy deal btw. It's for 7 nights, second half of my stay. If i try the beach, and it doesn't stay fun...I'll scooter my tail to the West End and just sleep in the room.

(Pm'd ya details Daisy)
    Last edited by brasi; 03-01-2012 at 09:48 PM.

User Info Menu

Thank you for all your helpful feedback!

Tfw73, SouthernRust - Cocolapalm is beautiful and a great deal for the price. It also fits all the things we're looking for. We really enjoyed our stay there (That picture you posted brought back lots of great memories) We're eager to try someplace new this time around though.

P.S. SouthernRust - I'm sorry to hear you've been going through a hard time too. I really hope your next trip helps you re-energize and get back on track!

Marley - I'll have to PM Jim to see if there are any boardie specials running on Seasplash. Anyone else stay there? Did they have WIFI? Did you enjoy your stay?

wpyogi - That's a great deal with BarBBarn - thanks for letting us know about that, I'm going to look into that! No worries about the honeymoon suite. We wanted to book the honeymoon suite from the 23rd to the 27th. so it's not your fault. haha! Have an amazing time!
    P.S. How far in advance did you book that room? Just so I know for future reference?

Negrilaholic - Thanks for heads up on The Palms Resort. I just read some negative Trip advisor reviews as well. So It's just been crossed off my list.

Brasi - White Sands sounds great, and you're right about the price. I just saw your PM, That's Amazing! Thanks for the info! I didn't realize that White Sands had a pool, wifi, AC and a free safe. Were the beds comfortable? They don't have a TV, do they? Which doesn't really matter. We only used the TV in out room to watch Reggae Music videos and the weather channel. haha - not so important, really

So right now it's down to
    White Sands
    SeaSplash
    BarBBarn

Am I missing any other possibilities in that price range?

Thanks everyone!
    Last edited by Clarity; 03-01-2012 at 10:37 PM.
    Carpe Diem