Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Negril Gym

User Info Menu

Mrs. Wilson - I have not had the pleasure to meet you yet but I like you already! How sweet. I personally would LOVE to hear your 7-mile beach diet tips. Thanks for sharing.
    Preach Peace / Live Love / Blessed Be
    ONE LOVE
    Sweetness

User Info Menu

If I remember correctly the gym across from the Beach Club was around 5 USD per day. There was enough equipment to get the job done. I didn't get there this year but took walks on the beach and to town. I hope this helps

User Info Menu

I will second what Sweetness said. I would also love to hear about the 7 Mile Diet. I have been doing weight watchers for 8 months and have lost 23 lbs. My only form of exercise is walking (don't know how to swim). I am going in April and usually gain some weight while there. Would love to at least stay the same if not lose a few. Please bring it on Mrs Wilson.

User Info Menu

OK i'm going to post the beginning section - but I wrote this as a blog sort of thing (*had no idea what I was going to do with this, just started writing, it's not like I've ever written anything more than posts on this forum). Trying to say that I'm not getting to the nuts and bolts part in section one -- it's the "introduction" (smiling). The bottom line is I ate very little carbs and I walked and swam every day -- but the whole story and the little vignettes and the food and other pics is what will make this more fun to read. Anyway ... am putting up the beginning now, will post the rest as I clean it up - and it you need more motivation/cheerleading/info before then, just yell. I am 70 pounds lighter now than last year in Jamaica, (with a good 70 more to go) and I will always always offer support to those who need as this is a serious problem and I get it totally = so good for you and keep up the trying -- it will pay off if you are consistent. One love.

User Info Menu

I just want to say that losing weight has been an ongoing struggle for me, but have always managed to return from Jamaica at least 5-10lbs lighter, the thing is keeping it off, and I'm not so good at that, but at least have been managing to do that, but I 'bottomed out' the past few weeks and have stopped losing it. I know I need perserverance, it's just something for me that's hard to stick with,but having inspiration from others like you Sweetness really helps to motivate me.

User Info Menu

Negrilaholic - thank you for saying I am inspiring.....that means a lot.....I too have always struggled w/weight loss but have never really really made it the most important thing. We all have a fit person inside us and its up to us whether to tap into it and to what level. Different for each person. I have found the only way to lose is to not deviate from my plan of moving my body and pushing those limits and eating healthy yet allowing myself a rum/coke or Chinese dumpling once in a while. Burning more calories than what you take in is the key. Not easy for sure. What has surprised me is the pride I have at keeping to it. Message me if you want to talk more or if I can share any information with you.

I am excited to join the new Negril Gym on my next reach and incorporate my routine into my stay.
    Preach Peace / Live Love / Blessed Be
    ONE LOVE
    Sweetness

User Info Menu

Sweetness, Mrs. Wilson, et all.... YOU ROCK!

The FIRST time I went to Jamaica, I gained 6 lbs! And that was with all the walking - imagine if I had been truly lazy that week! But I learned my lesson. I find I am more active when I am there than at home. I watch my intake and resist the "it's all good, it's all healthy" pitch. At least now I have managed to hold my own and even lose 5 lbs when I go. My problem is making that lifestyle change at home, but I'm working on it. You inspire me.

PS - I would not carry weights but resistance bands are a good idea.

My best wishes for your continued success!

Peace & Blessings

User Info Menu

I am an anomaly, then. I gain weight in Jamaica. There is no way possible (nor do I want to!) for me to do as much there as I do here! Plus, I am addicted to those patties...haha!