Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Changed from Xtabi to Catcha! Ha!

User Info Menu

Changed from Xtabi to Catcha! Ha!

Thanks to some good advice from other boardies (thanks, Clarity ), we've changed from Xtabi to Catcha. I kept going back and forth, and messed around and missed out on Pisces! ARGH! We booked Gemini I instead. We thought the Gatehouse would be too loud for us and we wouldn't be happy with Little Capricorn (I think that's the name?) because it doesn't have a patio/balcony.

Spending a little more money than we would have at Xtabi, but I fell in love with Catcha when we ate at Ivan's. I can't wait to hang out there!

User Info Menu

You will love it. Awesome staff who take great care of you. Love the place from the top down.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by booger View Post
    You will love it. Awesome staff who take great care of you. Love the place from the top down.
    Yep
    What he said!

User Info Menu

I had hoped to meet up with you when we visit Xtabi for an afternoon in July! Looks like we'll have to check out Catcha, too! Hoping to get my husband out of the "AI only" thinking mode.

User Info Menu

Ditto!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Cands View Post
    I had hoped to meet up with you when we visit Xtabi for an afternoon in July! Looks like we'll have to check out Catcha, too! Hoping to get my husband out of the "AI only" thinking mode.
    One trip to Catcha should do the trick!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Cands View Post
    Are you going to the Saturday night Seastar concert? We will be there on the 7th! Come on over!

My husband feels the same way, but fortunately for me (not so much for him lol), I am 'bossy'! Ha!

User Info Menu

I have stayed at Xtabi twice and Catcha once and you will be happy you changed. I love cottage #4 at Xtabi. However, I love the grounds, pool and Ivans at Catcha. Also, in my opinion, I like the area down by Catcha better. The water and area are nicer.

Good choice.

Enjoy!

User Info Menu

We just booked the last couple nights of our next trip at Catcha. We booked the Little Capricorn because we messed around and missed out on Pisces too. We're not too worried about no balcony since we will have wonderful views at BCC for most of our trip. We're also thinking maybe "balcony gravity" won't set in this way.

Blue Cave Castle '12, '13 '14 '15 '16 Catcha Falling Star '13 Boardwalk Village '14 '15

User Info Menu

You will be happy no matter what at Catcha
    But here is a hint (especially if your trip is far off). Call or email Andrea/Mauvette at Catcha and let them know what room you really wanted. They will put you on a list and if the person who booked it backs out they will then call or email you and let you know it is available.
    Don't give up hope, it happens a lot. That is how I got my favorite room again for this trip.

Sagi is my all time dream place and I was heartbroken when I saw it was booked for our April trip, but soon enough I was told it was once again open and available, they let me know and I snatched it up quick!

But like I said many times before....there is no bad place when it comes to Catcha!
    Enjoy