Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fresh Fish Delivered to Seastar - Wahoo

User Info Menu

Fresh Fish Delivered to Seastar - Wahoo

It's all in the timing.

One day local fishermen delivered some fresh Wahoo. Two in the sink and Shane held one up so we could get the full effect.

The smaller ones were black finned tuna which Chris donated to the staff to enjoy.

Myself I enjoyed the Wahoo - I made sure I got at least two dinners before it all disappeared.

Name:  2012 Jan Negril 102 (Medium).JPG
Views: 395
Size:  61.1 KB

Name:  2012 Jan Negril 103 (Medium).JPG
Views: 399
Size:  64.9 KB

Name:  2012 Jan Negril 104 (Medium).JPG
Views: 314
Size:  55.0 KB

Name:  2012 Jan Negril 105 (Medium).JPG
Views: 383
Size:  86.6 KB

User Info Menu

Yes Chris makes sure his staff eats well at the Sea Star.
    Great looking fish.

User Info Menu

My god does that look good right now!
    PARADISE IS A STATE OF MIND

User Info Menu

That looks so yummy! I've never eaten Wahoo. What can you compare it to?
    dorisw

2017 was our 15th trip to Negril. Other islands we visited: Cozumel, Mexico (4 times) St. Lucia, Barbados, Grenada, Aruba, Harbour Island, Bahamas, Anguilla, St. Maarten/St.Martin, Ambergris Caye, Belize (twice)

User Info Menu

I would say similar to swordfish - nice firm meat and not "fishy" taste - I'm not that fond of fish but there are certain types like these that I do find yummy!

User Info Menu

Tastes so good it's called WHAAAAAHOOOOOOO
    Linston's Zion Hill Taxi

Captain Dave

User Info Menu

OMG, looks fantastic!!! I'm sure Delroy served it up perfectly! Such a nice guy and one hell of a chef!! Wish I were there to have a big plate full tonight!

User Info Menu

Irie always, thanks!
    dorisw

2017 was our 15th trip to Negril. Other islands we visited: Cozumel, Mexico (4 times) St. Lucia, Barbados, Grenada, Aruba, Harbour Island, Bahamas, Anguilla, St. Maarten/St.Martin, Ambergris Caye, Belize (twice)

User Info Menu

mmm I am wishing I could have that dinner right about now! I love fresh fish--of all kinds. But big fat fish steaks like that rock! I have never even heard of Wahoo before--one more thing to look for next trip.

Sponsor

User Info Menu

I saw the Sat nt drum show at Seastar years ago,but with all the good things I read about this place we decided were are staying there next trip when we do the cliff/beach thing......