Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: A little boat help Rambo

User Info Menu

A little boat help Rambo

she sat out there for 3 days in Feb. Local beach guys were saying it was the Venezualen Navy, I doubted because #1 one day I got an eye on her and the side of the boat came down with a bar and wave runners in it 2. one day I was at China Mans store and a tender was dropping some very un navy like folks off. It seems this Yacht was there a couple of years ago and Rambo could match a profile to a name. Any help?

And I can match the nearer profile in the first picture. That's me doing what I love to do best relax relax deep breath deep breath lay out and float

Name:  floating boat (800 x 600).jpg
Views: 277
Size:  48.1 KB

Name:  Floating Boat Boat (800 x 535).jpg
Views: 298
Size:  43.5 KB
    I have won many awards in a lifetime of competition and service. But the highest was offered without plaque or fanfare on a hilltop in post Ivan Jamaica. A true Rasta and a dear friend observed "Chet you are like a father of men, you see need and fulfill that need without being asked". Let us be travelers and not tourist.

User Info Menu

Shes a mega yacht / research vessel owned by a Russian gozillionaire (can't think of her name right now)
    Linston's Zion Hill Taxi

Captain Dave

User Info Menu

was it some type of "research vessel" ??????
    almost to BIG ! for normal yacht isnt it ???
    looks like lots of Radar/Com Antennas" on superstructure ???????

"down-low" spy boat type
    "One of the laundry gals pipes up ,,"LOOK AT DA BLOOD"
    "YES,THAT WOULD BE MINE" I said as my leg that at first gave no pain, started dishing it out in large bunches........"

want more read our blog? our first trip.........http://negril.com/forum/entry.php?58...-The-Beginning

User Info Menu

It's a yacht. The electronics array is to keep the owner (when aboard) in touch with his business interests, weather, satellite phones etc.

Looks like 2 satellite receivers, the usual array of SSB radios, world phone receivers and 3 radars. Normal for that size yacht.

BTW... she is in no way close to the size of the largest mega yachts

Her name is "Luna" Here's a link to her specs

http://www.superyachts.com/motor-yacht-4504/luna.htm
    Last edited by captaind; 03-03-2012 at 04:10 PM.
    Linston's Zion Hill Taxi

Captain Dave

User Info Menu

And that is just "one" of his toys and here I have my 270 in boat trader because I don't have "time"

I was looking around this morning and one quote caught my eye "yearly mantainance, operation and crew runs about 10% of build price" The Octupussy for example cost about 200 mil to build and yes about 20 mil a year to keep afloat,,,,, my sweet jesus
    I have won many awards in a lifetime of competition and service. But the highest was offered without plaque or fanfare on a hilltop in post Ivan Jamaica. A true Rasta and a dear friend observed "Chet you are like a father of men, you see need and fulfill that need without being asked". Let us be travelers and not tourist.

User Info Menu

not so rich.....ranked 53 in world with ONLY 13.4 Billion !!!!

them Opec guys overshadow him........
    "One of the laundry gals pipes up ,,"LOOK AT DA BLOOD"
    "YES,THAT WOULD BE MINE" I said as my leg that at first gave no pain, started dishing it out in large bunches........"

want more read our blog? our first trip.........http://negril.com/forum/entry.php?58...-The-Beginning

User Info Menu

The way I heard it ; a guy staying at white sands had a fisherman get the name off the ship and looked it up on the Internet owned by one of the founders of micro soft,,I forget how many staterooms it had, but it has two helicopters on board, saw them flying around all day,and two mini subs.

User Info Menu

She's in charter service now so anybody could have been aboard
    Linston's Zion Hill Taxi

Captain Dave