Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Question about June trip (weather) experiences

User Info Menu

Question about June trip (weather) experiences

Considering a June trip. Never been there that time of year as we normally go at Christmas time. We miss it so much that we want to go back with our kids. Please help clarify any misconceptions I have developed which are as follows: it us unbearably hot that time of year; It rains so much that you won't have a good time; It is unbearably humid and uncomfortable. Any thoughts or experiences that you can share would be appreciated. Peace and love.

User Info Menu

well, I go every June, usually into July. It is hot but I like it. I think that it is hotter in Cali when I am in Jamaica as it can get over 100 in Cali during the summer. Others can chime in, but I don't remember it getting that hot when I am there in June, meaning over 100 but I don't pay much attention to the temp. Rain, well I guess so but not all the time and usually in the afternoon is what I found, it is classified as the rainy season (or hurricane season). It might rain for 20 minutes and then again it might rain for a few hours, then again, it might not rain at all. Love how hard it can rain and it can be quite refreshing. Also like the thunderstorms!! Never so much though that I didn't have a good time or find something to do while it was raining. I like it in June/July.
    "mud cyaan seckle widout wata"...some people are essential to the wellbeing of others

User Info Menu

We were there last June- the first week; it was rainy season- and it rained alot and decided we would never go during rainy season again.
    Deanna (aka DeeDee from NY)

User Info Menu

Ive spent the last 2 Junes in Negril. I guess it was the second week but the weather was great. Occasional rains but just enough for variety. Liquid Sunshine i heard it called.

User Info Menu

I go every June. It is hot and humid. The rain is the big variable. Mostly its just an hour or two later in the afternoon. Last June, the first week it rained at least 4 hours every day for 6 days in a row. But, that can happen anytime.

I like June because it is dead quiet in Negril and it is very laid back. Also, the air and hotels are MUCH cheaper in June.
    "Enjoy Every Sandwich"-Warren Zevon

User Info Menu

We've only been in June. I like it. The days are hot and sunny, and then after lunch you'll get a nice shower to cool you down so you can rest. This year we're going the first week of July. I'm hoping the weather isn't that much different.

Can anybody chime in if they have experienced both June and July?

User Info Menu

I was in Negril last year last week of June - first week of July, and I loved it so nice a nice shower in the afternoon, would go at that time again.

User Info Menu

The heat is bearable...its the humidity that really gets to you...you shower, go out grab a taxi, go for lunch, when you get there you are soaked with sweat...you must carry "sweat towel" or use a "do Rag"............

we been June a couple of times. August a lot of times....even worse then.........BUT its Jamaica,its a Tropical Island, it must rain....lol..
    and what do you have to worry about ???? Everybody else including the Jamaicans are hot n sweaty...
    "One of the laundry gals pipes up ,,"LOOK AT DA BLOOD"
    "YES,THAT WOULD BE MINE" I said as my leg that at first gave no pain, started dishing it out in large bunches........"

want more read our blog? our first trip.........http://negril.com/forum/entry.php?58...-The-Beginning

User Info Menu

Rainy rainy. Been twice in June and rained a lot both times. I actually like the rain but it was not even rain I could be out in as it was accompanied by lots of lightening. I didn't find it all that hot compared to late July and Aug but then again I like the heat

User Info Menu

Some years it rains...some years it doesn't
    Linston's Zion Hill Taxi

Captain Dave