Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tensing Pen?

User Info Menu

Clarity, hope I can help you make your decision here...
    As for the other guests, I can't speak for everyone but I found the resort very quiet and the other guests mostly kept to themselves (honeymooners & couples on their anniversary). Also Tensing has a high number of repeat guests, with
    some people returning since the 70's...you generally don't see many people unless you are in the restaurant.

Quiet Paths....

Name:  IMG_0941.jpg
Views: 356
Size:  102.1 KB
    Name:  IMG_0942.jpg
Views: 341
Size:  100.6 KB
    Name:  P4260562.jpg
Views: 348
Size:  103.1 KB

The staff is great, they are very helpful but stay out of the way unless you need them...It's kind of funny, they seem to be around when you have a question or need help but otherwise you don't see them :-)
    Razor at the bar is great (always sharp, never dull...ev'ry time mon).
    The restaurant is excellent...self serve coffee in the morning...continental breakfast in the morning...we only ate lunch there once because we were always somewhere else, but dinner is fantastic! you are there for two days, treat yourself.

Restaurant...

Name:  IMG_0944.jpg
Views: 336
Size:  101.3 KB
    Name:  P4230469.jpg
Views: 268
Size:  97.8 KB
    Name:  P4230473.jpg
Views: 335
Size:  98.7 KB

Breakfast

Name:  P4230501.jpg
Views: 327
Size:  89.8 KB

Lunch

Name:  P4260581.jpg
Views: 329
Size:  83.3 KB

The dogs (Tensing and Sugar) are VERY sweet and gentle...I never heard either one of them bark or growl...
    They mostly do this...

Name:  P4260606.jpg
Views: 337
Size:  81.2 KB

All the cottages at Tensing seem nice...they are all tucked in here and there around the property...Some are more private than others but I think any one you choose will be great.
    The only negative reviews i have ever read involve the South House and barking dogs from the property next door...I personally didn't hear any dogs while we were on the property.
    Here are some pics of some other cottages...

Name:  IMG_0957.jpg
Views: 327
Size:  101.4 KB

oops...having problems uploading pics. I'll try and post some later :-)

--Dave--

User Info Menu

Let's try again... more Tensing pen cottage pics...

Name:  IMG_0923.jpg
Views: 314
Size:  100.1 KB

Name:  IMG_0945.jpg
Views: 304
Size:  97.6 KB

Name:  IMG_0946.jpg
Views: 291
Size:  98.7 KB

Name:  IMG_0952.jpg
Views: 311
Size:  101.2 KB

Name:  P4290737.jpg
Views: 313
Size:  102.7 KB

Name:  P4290741.jpg
Views: 319
Size:  100.1 KB

Name:  P4290743.jpg
Views: 311
Size:  103.2 KB

Name:  P4290744.jpg
Views: 306
Size:  101.8 KB

I say...Just do it :-) you guys will love it.

--Dave--

User Info Menu

I am in the same boat as you, just a few days later. I was going to book Tensing Pen, but they are completely full. It's either Citronella or the beach for me. For alone time I would give Citronella the nod. Hettie and Chad's report offers up some info on Citronella. I like the fact that they only have a few rooms and they are spread out, so again the alone time that you really want would in my eyes be found at Citronella. You guys can be social the rest of your trip, use these two days to stayed wrapped up in each others arms.

User Info Menu

i'm hoping for a "made in jamaica" baby <grin>

User Info Menu

Nothing like the pillars at Tensing Pen for a young couple.
    You can be all be all by yourselves, even if the resort is filled.
    They will serve you for a private dinner at a remote location for your anniversary.

You will not be disappointed.

User Info Menu

I second what Marley said about the sea view from your room or porch, IMO nothing equals that. Waking up in the morning and gazing at the sea with coffee on your porch--ahh.

User Info Menu

Lorax2 - Thank you for the beautiful pictures and info. I showed them to Markus and he was completely floored. Tensing Pen is GORGEOUS!

Also, the tensing pen dog looks really sweet and harmless in this picture. All my fears have completely dissolved after looking at that shot

Marley - Love the pictures from your honeymoon, so beautiful! And you're so right, there is no wrong choice here as far as hotels in Negril go. I feel blessed to even have this decision to make in the first place!

Suzengrace - you're right about Milo at Banana Shout, I met him when I toured the property and he's really nice! He even offered to give us a good rate and I have his card.

Spottycatz - If we chose Citronella, you would be there at the same time as us! It would be great to meet you guys! What cottage did you book?

Irieworld - I know, It would be so nice to have that view...

Me no sen - Thanks for the info on Tensing Pen, I also feel that we wouldn't be disappointed there. It's just so beautiful! I'm also excited about checking out the snorkeling in that area. It's an uncharted stretch of ocean for us and we're curious to see what we would find exploring those waters. We love to snorkel and it's got a great snorkeling cove

Booger - Tensing pen was entirely booked???

Uhoh, I just received the same "No Rooms Available" message right now. (yikes!!) although there is instructions to call the resort directly because some of these rooms might still be available just not showing up as such on the website....

Seveen - haha, so are we...

At this point, I think it all depends on availability. I'll call all three hotels and see what is even available for our dates. I think the ultimate decision will boil down to that. Our trip is in six weeks, so the pickings might be slim. I know we'll be happy in any of these three hotels.

THANKS EVERYONE for all of your helpful feedback!!
    Last edited by Clarity; 03-04-2012 at 06:23 PM.
    Carpe Diem

User Info Menu

I can't believe you are looking at trip number 3 in a little over a month! It seems like just the other day when you were going for the first time ever! So awesome. Let us know where you end up. Glad you have this trip to look forward to, and possible baby-making, woo hoo!

User Info Menu

This just arrived in my inbox right now...

I am sorry to inform you that we have nothing available for the requested dates.

Please confirm if you are flexible with any other dates.

Tracey
    Tensing Pen Hotel

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well there goes that plan.
    Last edited by Clarity; 03-04-2012 at 06:55 PM.
    Carpe Diem

User Info Menu

Booger - Tensing pen was entirely booked???

Uhoh, I just received the same "No Rooms Available" message right now. (yikes!!) although there is instructions to call the resort directly because some of these rooms might still be available just not showing up as such on the website....

That is the message I received as well. I checked other dates and they had availability, so I figured that the reservation system is doing it's job and the place is full.

Citronella had availability that week last time I checked.