Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cold cure,and i dont mean going to jamaica.

User Info Menu

At the first onset of a cold,I over dose on vitamin C , 2000 mg every 2 hours.Kills a cold every time unless its the flu.Body uses what it needs and discards the rest.I don't ever use except for colds.It is my anti-biotic. Haven;t had a full blown cold in years.

User Info Menu

Zinc and echinacea, is the natural way.. I dont care to take a bunch of drugs that detach me from reality and just dry me out~ It helps to build you immune system the natural way...Good luck as what is going around lasts for a couple of weeks and flips into pneumonia pretty fast . If you have a fever ..go to the dr and check it out..you may have to take antibiotics.... Good luck with your trip and like everyone says rest and hydrate .....Bless

User Info Menu

find a hot tub,turn the temp up to 104,and git in it for 45 minutes ,or until you feel the bottoms of your feet sweat.wors for me every time.

User Info Menu

If it were me, I'd go see the dr first thing in the morning and get some medicine, whether it's just cough medicine or a big shot of an antibiotic! Flush your nasal passages out, rest a lot, and be sure to feed yourself.

User Info Menu

You probably already stocked up on stuff--but my preference is Airborne--it has tons of C, B vitamins, zinc, echinacea-- all that good natural stuff that if you take it early enough can help prevent getting sick or if you already have a cold can shorten the duration. I am also a big fan of goldenseal/echinacea combos. But if you are looking to lesson symptoms and save fellow passengers on a flight, I agree with alka seltzer cold. And of course when you get to JA--overproof with fresh lime juice, warm water and honey--and if you can stomach it--some chopped garlic thrown in. A rasta friend cured me that way once when I lost my voice due to a cold. Or maybe I just got a buzz on and didn't feel the cold anymore.

User Info Menu

Feeling better but that zicam (great tasteing as stated on the box)is some nasty tasteing chit.