Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Walking in the cliffs

User Info Menu

Only walk in daylight. The biggest thing to be aware of is the speeding traffic. It seems speed limits are not enforced, if there are any.
    There are no sidewalks. Single file walking is best.

User Info Menu

Excellent advice, thanks everybody! We will definitely only walk in the daylight and try to be as alert as possible. When I stayed in Barbados we rented a little cottage on the beach and the road was pretty scary, and that was out in the middle of nowhere...I'm imagining Negril like this only much busier!

User Info Menu

walking the cliff road is a buzz ..and better if you have a little buzz going ..single file is mandatory in spots ..not my cup of tea .. but what the H e double hockey sticks do i know ?? When in Negril I prefer the beach ..only worrying about the odd seashell or errant jet ski .. there are cliffers and there are roadies and there are beachies ... all add to the wonderful flavour of our favourite things ..

User Info Menu

I have walked from the roundabout all the way to LTU, just be aware and walk against the traffic.

User Info Menu

I have walked quite a bit of West End, the roundabout to HiLo - that blind curve by St. Mary's is a challenge & one of the few times I walk on the same side as traffic, once you get around it you are ok. Further up, have walked from Sam Sara to the Lighthouse, for most part you are ok as long as you walk against traffic. If you must walk at night, carry a mag light, wear something light or reflective and even a flashing light like folks do in the states. It isn't rocket science - when you pack your suitcase, remember to bring your COMMON SENSE.

Peace & Blessings