Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: Jerk "shack" close to Bloody Bay?

User Info Menu

Question Jerk "shack" close to Bloody Bay?

We're going to be staying at Breezes Grand Negril in April and I'm wondering if there are any places fairly close by to get some real jerk chicken. How far is 3 dives from there? Is there anything within walking distance?

Thanks!
    [/url]

User Info Menu

ossie's is probably closest to you. 3 dives is up on the cliffs. can take a cab all the way to 3 dives or route taxi to the roundabout, then another route taxi to 3 dives. think it's about 15 minutes or so from your location, whereas ossie's..3 minutes?

User Info Menu

Ossie's Jerk Centre is within walking distance ............... walk the beach and stop at the Donaldson's Inn & Lena's Inn Ting and ask to cut through the property to Ossie's across the street .............. should be no problem as they are family ........... here are a few pictures of The Donaldson's

Name:  2a donaldsons.jpg
Views: 306
Size:  102.8 KB

Name:  2a donaldson from water.jpg
Views: 272
Size:  48.7 KB

Nice review on Trip Adviser about Ossie's: http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserR...l_Jamaica.html

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Oil View Post
    Ossie's Jerk Centre is within walking distance ............... walk the beach and stop at the Donaldson's Inn & Lena's Inn Ting and ask to cut through the property to Ossie's across the street .............. should be no problem as they are family ........... here are a few pictures of The Donaldson's

Name:  2a donaldsons.jpg
Views: 306
Size:  102.8 KB

Name:  2a donaldson from water.jpg
Views: 272
Size:  48.7 KB

Nice review on Trip Adviser about Ossie's: http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserR...l_Jamaica.html
    Are these down by the Office of Nature?
    [/url]

User Info Menu

Ossie's is our 2nd favorite jerk spot. The jerk hut in town is our favorite

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by whitesandsok View Post
    Are these down by the Office of Nature?
    No. Ossie's is the other way toward town.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ditchdiggin View Post
    No. Ossie's is the other way toward town.
    Ah...I didn't think that looked like it was Bloody Bay.
    [/url]

User Info Menu

Three Dives is excellent (certainly not quite walkable) but I personally would grab a taxi and have the driver take you to a roadside jerk barrel that is called Step Aside (he sets up across from Aqua). It's fantastic!
    Don't waste your time with explanations, people only hear what they want to hear.

User Info Menu

Donaldson's is between The Palms and Sea Splash ........... toward town from the All Inclusive resorts ............ here is a link to a very detailed map of Negril ........ http://www.negrilinfo.com/negril-map.html ............ please note the map is not to scale however there are blue mile markers on the road

I guess you are staying on the Bloody Bay side of the point .......... from the map it looks like a 3.5 to 4 kilometer walk to Ossie's .......... and you will have to walk near the road till you get to Long Bay Beach park ......... then you can cut down to the water line for the rest of the walk ......... stop at Cosmos for a cool one or two ............ no problem walking past the other AI resorts if you just stick to the waterline ........... then Top Beach / Barry's Bar for another couple of cold ones ........ you can also catch a cold one at The Donaldson's Lena's Inn Ting right on the beach

If it was me, I would take a red plate route taxi to Cosmos ($100J per person) and chill for a while .............. then hike down the beach to Donaldson's ..... stopping along the way for cold ones as mentioned above of course
    Last edited by Captain Oil; 03-06-2012 at 07:16 AM.