Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: Airfare Drop!!!!!

User Info Menu

Airfare Drop!!!!!

Lately airfare has been thru da roof, just in the 600's yesterday for JA, today it's $469.00! even less with skymiles ....I paid 269.00! June 21 - 28 here we come! It may drop even further but I've been playing the check the price game for a while now

User Info Menu

Wow! That's great. Good for you. I booked FF miles - 1st class - this summer so a cheap trip for me. Talking w/ friends in the Chicago area.... $800+ w/ American, over $1000 on Delta. Crazy, crazy. Maybe I'll see you this summer. 6/11-7/14 for me.

User Info Menu

If you want to leave from MCO next Tuesday it's 257.00 complete

However if you want to go in June it's 400 WTF?

BTW.... The 257 flight was 430 three months ago

It's called airline roulette ................
    Linston's Zion Hill Taxi

Captain Dave

User Info Menu

well checking today for the tix for my trip next week, they are the same price i paid - but the price going into the next few months fluctuates.. i paid 392 - tix are all over 400, but some dates can be had for $440 in to june.. some dates are crazy high though too..800+.. NOTHING for less then i paid..

User Info Menu

June = kids out of school so families might be flying to vacation, especially w/ gas prices so high. Airlines jack up prices. Capitalism.

User Info Menu

I have been tracking flights (for 1 airline in particular but sometimes comparing with others to verify) for about the last 10 months. The best prices were about 6 months out, yet around 6-12 weeks from the departure date, the same flights were only about $7 higher. In between, they would fluctuate and sometimes, quite a bit. Holidays threw it out of whack, unless purchased early, and being flexible about dates. (Disclaimer - these are my notes for a specific time period, and may not correlate with future airline published pricing policies.)

Rare events that occured during the tracked time period - Jamaica-collected taxes (departures) increased - and some US-collected taxes (departures) expired until they were re-instated by the US. I forget which order these happened, but I think there was some overlap - before the increase and while expired, during which a ticket could have been purchased at the lowest overall COST.