Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: First Trip Help

User Info Menu

First Trip Help

Hello, all! We were planning our first trip to Negril for April 2011, but had to postpone, and are now going this coming April. We have been planning a wedding, and I haven't had a chance to do a lot of keeping up with the board. Can anyone tell us some "can't miss" things to do and places to eat? The only two things that we had planned to do for sure was to go to Pelican Bar and Snorkeling with Famous Vincent. The rest of the week, we were planning on just getting to know the Negril area. By the way, we will be there for a week. Thanks for the help!

User Info Menu

I say don't do too much planning and just allow yourselves to go with the flow. If you're anything like the rest of us you'll be back to pick up where you left off. Other than that I would suggest the pub crawl or the Saturday night show at seastar. Anything to get you to the west end, assuming you're staying on the beach.

That's my 2 cents worth

Blue Cave Castle '12, '13 '14 '15 '16 Catcha Falling Star '13 Boardwalk Village '14 '15

User Info Menu

Agree w/Kevin......you will have a blast just chillin out on the beach, trying great food, maybe seeing a live reggae show. Time will go by too fast already so your two trips are plenty for a week trip. ENJOY
    Preach Peace / Live Love / Blessed Be
    ONE LOVE
    Sweetness

User Info Menu

When in April are you gonna be in Negril Ryan. There's a trip being planned to YS falls and Pelican Bar for the last week in April?
    Take a look at the 'April Roll Call' thread on the last page, it will tell you more.
    Last edited by spottycatz; 03-06-2012 at 09:53 AM.
    Rise early, treat everyday as though it's your last and your last day as it's your first.

User Info Menu

Hi Ryan, I agree with the others. It's a good idea to not try to plan too much for your first trip. Just give yourself the freedom to go with the flow.
    Are you staying on the beach or on the cliffs?
    I recommend Best of the west for Jerk Chicken on the beach end and "3 Dives" for Jerk chicken on the west end.
    Ricks Cafe is worth a look-see just for the jumpers and sunset. The drinks are overpriced, so I would recommend just nursing one redstripe like I did. lol
    Ivans at Catcha Falling Star is great for a fancy night out for dinner. (amazing food)
    I haven't gone snorkeling with the Famous Vincent yet, but I definitely want to on our next trip!
    Xtabi is also great place for Snorkeling off the cliffs.

I'll be going to Pelican Bar/Ys Falls for the first time in April too - If you're going to be traveling to Negril at the end of April, you should jump on the Magic Bus with us. April 24th! Check the April Roll Call for more info.
    Carpe Diem

User Info Menu

Hey, I say plan away. We try to do something different everyday. There are enough things to do something different everyday for a week. Who needs a pub crawl?
    Visit the light house, Out of Town bakery and Rick's Cafe. You can cliff dive at Rick's and they have a pool there too, The bathrooms are very clean and you can change there.
    Take a walk up into Red Ground
    Go to Mayfiled Falls.
    Route taxi to Sav for the Friday or Saturday market.
    Go to Discovery Falls
    Hit Rockland Bird Sanctuary on the way from or to the airport.
    Go to a Sunday or Wednesday church service.
    Take a sunset cruise
    Head up to Sea Star for the Saturday night buffett.
    While up in Red Ground ask around for Mackie and see if he will take you down into Porters Cave. He also took us on an extended walk deep into Red Ground.
    Take a taxi out to Jurassic Park.
    Snorkel with Vincent.
    Take a route taxi out to Half Moon bay just outside of Negril.
    This will keep you busy!
    Regards,

Bob

User Info Menu

We are staying at Idle Awhile, April 14-21. I know this is very near Best in the West, so we plan to check that out. We also have Rick's on our list. We'll be gone by the 24th, so we won't be able to make the Magic Bus.

User Info Menu

Hiya Ryan, we move down from Citronella to Idle Awhile on the 21st, bet we take over your room!!!
    Rise early, treat everyday as though it's your last and your last day as it's your first.