Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: I should have ordered 2 orders of Jerk pork. :-(

User Info Menu

I should have ordered 2 orders of Jerk pork. :-(

I was sitting on a 1/2 brick wall with Mundy, one of my little men in Negril.

He's about 3 1/2 and full of energy.

My jamaican dawta was there too, playng in the sand/dirt with an old Popsicle stick, making faces in the dirt.

"This is mommy, this is Mundy, this is you , Hee heee."

Hey, that looks just like me, and I made a face just to make her laugh some more.

It was about noonish, and i knew that in a few minutes I would be ready to eat lunch. Actually, I was starvin like Marvin.

Little Mundy walked up to me and said "i want some jerk pork".

Man, me too, right about now.

All of a sudden he turned around and started walking towards the road.

Now, all the kids know not to go toward the road by themselves and I started to say something and then I saw it.

A man was walking a bike and he had a big steel pot situated on the handle bars.

Oh, that must be the Pork man.

Mundy, of course spotted him a long ways off.

I got up and Mundy and I approached the jerk pork man as the aroma hit me.

How much, I asked $150 J.

He opened the steel top and all this beautiful jerk pork was just laying there, ready to be devoured.

"hey man, i need some tender pieces for my little man here (me too).

He scooped around and said "its all tender!"

Ok, cool. I'll take one.

He filled up a foil packet, handed it to me, I handed it to Mundy and then I paid the man.

We walked back over to our sitting place and it was still steaming hot.

Mundy was holding it and he said "hot pork".

Yep, I answered and reached down and grabbed a piece.

Now remember, I was very hungry and that Jerk Pork, steaming hot, seasoned to the max, tasted like it was sent from heaven and the gods had made it.

Mundy was working on his one little piece and then I reached i and got another, and another,

You should have seen the look on Mundy's face.

On my 5th piece, ( maybe 6th) he looked at me like I was a mad man, then he said "You can't have anymore".

Huh? What!

Then I remembered that it was his idea in the first place.

I started to say " I bought it you little....", but I held my tongue and let him play with it for a while.

Man, all that pork and he's playing with it and I'm still hungry!

Soon He had had enough and picked up a piece and said here. I almost bit his fingers off. He giggled and did it again, i bit him again.

So, soon all the pork was gone and we sat there like 2 bumps on a log.

Nothing to do, nothing going on, but our stomachs were happy for the moment.

User Info Menu

I knew it was way too much food for my little man, and I like to eat it while it is hot.

So....... :-)

User Info Menu

Wasn't this story shared before or am I having deja vu????????????????/

Blue Cave Castle '12, '13 '14 '15 '16 Catcha Falling Star '13 Boardwalk Village '14 '15

User Info Menu

Hey Kevin, i can't remember, maybe I did type it before.?????