Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Walking distance from Samsara

User Info Menu

Walking distance from Samsara

I really like walking and exploring areas. Since this is our first stay on the cliffs, could you guys tell me what is in walking distance of Samsara and what we should check out?

Thanks!!!!
    One Good Thing About Music, When It Hits You Feel No Pain!

User Info Menu

Watch out, you will soon become a cliff dweller like so many of us! You are actually in good location which you can walk either way easily. The curve that Samsara is located in....is a tricky one. So , proceed with caution and let the guard or whomever, help you out at first and give you some tips. Obvious, right across the street is Ciao which we thought was really good on the night we were there. M&L grocery is right down the road..it has about everything you can think of in such a small store. Really good prices on their liquor and beer considering what it would be to travel to the roundabout. Nice folks there too! Peewee's is near by as well as No limit bar which is one of my fav's. Up Ella Lane, or otherwise known as Peewee lane you will find a really nice place to eat on the right. J&L (I think is the name) good food and reasonable prices. On up the lane is the famous Bentley's. Heading the other way, you have Xtabi, 3 Dives, Eddie and Trevors..Dabar..and many more. My favorite daytime activity is walking down many of the likkle lanes on West end road.
    It is really another world and so peaceful. Actually, that is how we first discovered Seastar, long before it was as popular as it is now. Have a great time...just be cautious on the road. Have a great vacation!!

User Info Menu

BGrill (jerk barrel) is right outside of the No Limit & let's not forget Choices & Just Natural....
    "Yeah, I'm cocky and I am arrogant. But that doesn't mean I'm not a nice person."

—Jeremy Roenick

User Info Menu

Walking carefully during the day. At night we took a taxi just to be safe even to the nearby places such as 3 Dives etc.

User Info Menu

I highly recommend "Just Natural" what a peaceful place to dine, surrounded by their garden.
    Mi Yard is a great place for an afternoon beer.
    Both of the above recommended eateries on Pee Wee lane are great - Bentley's has to be one of Negril's best and that's saying a lot.
    Xtabi has a conch steak that is to die for.
    Swimming at Xtabi is pretty good too.

The breakfast at the Blue Castle is worth checking out.
    Going farther (away from the beach) up the road is Pushcart and Presley's.
    Sips And Bites is just beyond Presley's and that should not be missed - closed Saturdays though.

User Info Menu

How close by is xtabi? We really want to check out the caves!
    And thanks for the suggestions!
    We really need some relaxation this trip, so we can't wait to get to the cliffs!!!

User Info Menu

SamSara to Xtabi, about a 10 minute walk....
    "Yeah, I'm cocky and I am arrogant. But that doesn't mean I'm not a nice person."

—Jeremy Roenick

User Info Menu

Going to the left past Blue Cave Castle, past Home Sweet Home is a place called C&D Western Bar and Roadside Pub. Great food and cold beer.

User Info Menu

When you stop by Xtabi, do you go to the front desk and just tell them you want to have a few beers and check out the caves?
    Thanks for the suggestions! Keep'em coming....

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernRust View Post
    When you stop by Xtabi, do you go to the front desk and just tell them you want to have a few beers and check out the caves?
    Thanks for the suggestions! Keep'em coming....
    Nope, that isn't necessary. Just walk in, go to the bar and order a drink or tell them if you want a table for dinner...then walk around, see the caves, jump off the cliff, go snorkeling....have a great time.
    Xtabi is a wonderful property to hang out at!