Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 23 12345611 ... LastLast

Thread: Brasi Bellyflop Challenge 4/23/12: Can you FLOP, pop?

User Info Menu

Brasi Bellyflop Challenge 4/23/12: Can you FLOP, pop?

Brasi, Booger and Friends to organize Belly Flop Contest on Monday 4/23/12

Negril, JAMAICA-It's on.

One boardie's idea (Tatoo?) has turned into reality. And spectators are encouraged. Contestants and judges are being sought for the first annual 'Bellyflop Challenge' to be INFORMALLY/TENTATIVELY held @ the Seastar Inn on Monday 4/23. (approval will be sought from the resort).

Pre-gaming begins @ 2 pm. The jump-off time? 2:30 pm sharp (Post flop...we can't miss sunset LOL).

Contestants will be judged from 1-5 on the
    1. loudness of their "slap" and
    2. distance of their splash.

Adding these scores from each judge together is the overall score, for example, 3, 5 = 8. Rounds 1,2 will consist of 2 jumps per contestant, with the best jump counted as the score. The field will be narrowed in each successive round depending on the number of contestants. Round 3 will feature the Top 3 Floppers.

Basic guidelines have been established for flopper's safety: no running, biting, kicking or pulling of hair will be allowed. Contestants must not eat less than one hour prior to going in the pool. LOL

Judges will be required to sit poolside with their feet in the water.

Contestants are asked to donate $100J per entry to the "Buy a Brick" fund. Brasi will donate a $20 bar tab @ Seastar to the winner, who will also get their name engraved on a special placque.

Official venue is subject to change depending upon securing permission (and TV rights).
    #30#

Please add your name as a FLOPPER (limited to 10):
    Brasi (ineligible for prizes. Brasi's flops are "exhibition-only) LOL
    Raul
    Markus

Please add your name as a JUDGE (first 5):
    Beachgirl66
    Clarity
    marley
    Tizzy (tentative)
    Juli (tentative)

(I may have missed some people...please add or subtract your name accordingly...UPDATED 3/16/12)
    Last edited by brasi; 03-16-2012 at 05:10 PM.

User Info Menu

YAY!!!! We wouldn't miss it

Raul is in for a flopper (poor guy always getting nominated for stuff by his wife) Ha
    Marley (that would be me, duh) is in for a judge!

I can't wait!

User Info Menu

Hahahaha...I love this! How can I not be in the middle of something so crazy!!!!!! Dang it! hahahahahha

User Info Menu

I would flop but I have very little surface area so it would be an unnecessarily painful, losing battle .... although I have trained some near-pro floppers so if you any of you contestants need a coach let me know... I got you.

or just count me in tentatively as a judge.
    Stir IT UP

User Info Menu

Nice! Stoked.

Who will be our first female flopper? Our first male judge?

(Making a fool out of one's self is open to all genders, and the BBC is an equal opportunity "employer" LOL)

User Info Menu

Patty & Joe, you guys need to suprise us and come join the fun. Well, maybe not, Negril might put a band on us all after this April. Brasi, your a crazy man! Are you getting a scooter, if so could you be my taxi that day?

User Info Menu

Yes, Juli...

IF YOU FLOP! (or be a judge)

User Info Menu

IS THAT A FLOP OR WALK??? Brasi! I thought you weren't like all the other men.

User Info Menu

hahahahahaha too funny.

Get the flop outta here. LOL

You've got a ride to Seastar if you want one, either way...

User Info Menu

Too bad we won't be there....my husband is a WORLD CLASS belly flop athlete! LOL! He knocks all the little kids out of the pools when he performs!