Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Carry on or luggage?

User Info Menu

Carry-on all the way...If am staying less then 2 weeks I have no problem with everything in a carry-on. If staying longer or have things to bring over than I check in luggage (grudgingly-I fly US airway and they charge per bag-really adds to airfare costs). I can always seem to find essential (esp liquid ) items when am there (ie bug spray, lotions, etc,etc) But its one less stressful thing to ponder on when you can just walk off with your luggage-as opposed to waiting for it and hoping it not only gets there but gets there in one piece (with no thiefing as they say).

But its really not that hard-and yes if you forget something or need something more than 3oz liquid, I bet you can find it or something comparable at mega mart in mobay or hi-lo negril or Sav-la-mar, etc,etc...
    " Ones destination is never a place, but rather a new way of looking at things." (Henry Miller)

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by head in the trees View Post
    We have been storing our things little by little down there every year. We are now looking at keeping clothes down there as well. Anyone ever go down with 2 bags and return with only 1? Any issues?
    As long as the number of bags checked matches the number on the bag list how many bags taken isn't a issue, bags only come an issue when we find something that shouldn't be there

User Info Menu

I would do a carry-on and if you need some products while there such as sunscreen, shampoo, etc you can always buy them in the little strip mall next to Burger King in the nice new pharmacy or at Value Master or Hi-Low. If you have any of these products left when you get ready to leave you can always leave them for the help at your hotel.

Safe travels

User Info Menu

I like what Rastagirl777 said - do carryon if it's not an obnoxious size - I can't tell you how many times I've gotten on a flight with an acceptable size carryon only to find someone has some huge piece stuffed into the overhang meant for 3-4 pieces - then I have to walk further back to put mine in the overhead - sucks when you land because then you make everyone mad by holding them up because you have to navigate back to get your sack before exiting the plane. I use a cooler on wheels as my check in - that way when I get to jamaica, I have a cooler to keep all of the Red Stripe in - can keep a lot more Red Stripes cold in a big cooler than a little refridge! Good luck!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by northcoast View Post
    Just curious....what food items do you bring back that aren't available in the States??
    Hot sauces, jerk sauces and whatever seems very odd at the time!
    "Enjoy Every Sandwich"-Warren Zevon

User Info Menu

Oh, oops. I misread the question - what do I bring BACK that I can't get in the states? (I flipped it around to what I bring with me to Jamaica. Sorry. Old and addled).

I bring back fresh nutmeg, fresh pimento berry (allspice), HiLo or Grace Hot Sauce, Gray's Spicy Sauce and various pre-packaged seasonings - jerk, curry, chicken spice, chicken seasoning, fish seasoning that my friends at Wise Choice mix up and bag on their own. That and of course 30-50 lbs of Blue Mountain coffee...