Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: Musician seeking summer gig

User Info Menu

Musician seeking summer gig

I play keyboards with a well know American artist and we are having the summer off from June until early September. I have a wealth of experience playing solo piano and vocals, and wonder if there might be any resorts, hotels, bars who might be interested to have me for a season. Good repertoire covering RnR and RnB and soul ... Any ideas

User Info Menu

Welcome Ricardo - there are lots of places that have live music but not sure if they would have a piano or keyboard for your use so you may have to bring one or rent equipt there. You may be able to sit in with bands but if you are looking for wk at the big resorts you may need a work visa. Not sure. If you are looking to make money that would complicate things but just for fun you can probably find some gigs. Also you might think about hitting up the recording studios for some possible session work. Best of luck!

Hopefully others may have more info for you. I do some booking here in the states part time but have not done it in JA.

Bless
    Preach Peace / Live Love / Blessed Be
    ONE LOVE
    Sweetness

User Info Menu

Thx Sweetness

Thanks Sweetness... appreciate your comments. Looking for a cool summer hang, could be anywhere in the world. In fact just talking now with Lance Keltner (guitar player you might know him from the Austin music community) about an Austin hang.... cheers Ricardo

User Info Menu

lol....well Austin can't compare to Negril (lol) but its a cool place. If you decide on Austin hit me up and I will help get you some gigs for sure.

If I could though summer in Negril would be so good for the soul.
    Bless brother
    ONE LOVE
    Sweetness

User Info Menu

Thx Sweetness. You are very kind to take the time to reply. Currently I am in Australia and I am thinking of meandering back to the US through Asia. As you can see I have no clear vision of where to take this down time but ideally I would like to keep warm both musically and physically so just trying to put both pieces together in a way that fits. I shall research if it is possible to rent a modest house in Jamaica. Any hit pics for locale?... cheeers Ricardo

User Info Menu

Cool

Bless your journey Ricardo.

JA has so many different things to offer. Seclusion in the lush mountains and country; excitement of big cities like Mobay and Kingston where there is lots of music; tourist beach areas like Negril. But easy to visit all if you are there long enough. I prefer to stay on the "cliffs" area or West End as its quiet and more of a neighborhood although enjoy socializing on the beach during the day and for concerts. Lots of great info there - search for rental houses and you will find previous threads and links to housing info.

I hope you will keep us posted as your adventure unfolds (lol).
    ONE LOVE
    ONE LOVE
    Sweetness