Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: Trip music

User Info Menu

Trip music

Anytime we go on a trip I make a new cd or ipod playlist. It is like the theme music to our story. After we return it is nice to have because hearing a song takes us right back to a specific time, place or adventure on our trip. This trip will be even better because we will have our own villa on the cliffs with a cd player and ipod docking station. We won't be leaving until August but I am about to wear out Bob Marley's Legend cd in my car.

Any suggestions on some songs I should check out and download?
    “Some people feel the rain. Others just get wet.” Bob Marley

http://www.iberostar.info/]

User Info Menu

I like a good variety..of course, plenty of reggae..including Bob Marley and all of his son's music, Luciano, Toots and the Maytals, Coco Tea, Gregory Isaacs, Tarrus Riley, Etana, Fantan Mojah, Yellowman....some old classics..motown, etc....gotta have some blues, and then add whatever you desire. I've been working on my laptop for months now, to include a big variety.

I even included some Nina Simone which I truly adore. I like to be able to share some of the old classics with my Jamaican friends. It is amazing how open they are to new sounds. I brought some classic Patsy Cline one year and so many of my Ja. friends truly loved her. One of them said, I want more of Patsy Cline...get me her new CD...much to his dismay, I told him of her demise. I find it to be really fun to prepare music before our trips. Good luck and enjoy to the max!!

User Info Menu

Thanks Yetta! I like a good mix as well. My music likings are really pretty diverse. I love Nina Simone and grew up to my Mom singing Patsy Cline. I have always LOVED Bob of course. All of his son's are on my list. Jimmy Cliff is a fav too. I have recently been introduced to Toots and the Maytals thanks to one of my Pandora stations. Thanks to this forum I have heard of Luciano and Yellowman. I will definitely look into everyone you listed!

I am such a music person. Although I will enjoy the peace and quiet of our villa I will definitely be needing some music too. I have been preparing for our trip back before it was even booked. This will be our 3rd trip in 14 months. Needless to say I fell in love with JA and in my mind I am always back there.

User Info Menu

You going with your honey? If so, check this out. I have wore this one out and some. I listen to it when I want to get funky, listen to it at parties, listen to it sitting on the cliffs in Negril, driving down the road, you name it, this playlist has been there and done that.

Songs for Reggae Lovers Vol. 3

User Info Menu

Booger this is awesome! Yes, my husband and some friends are going. This playlist is perfect for just Me and Hubs time. I can picture it now Thanks!

User Info Menu

One of my favorite things to do is just put my iPod in and chill on the beach. I can't hear anything but my music but I can see everything...it makes me feel somewhat detached, lol. Nice feeling!

User Info Menu

Have a listen to either of the two albums done by Alborsie, 'Two Times Revolution' and 'Escape from Babylon to the Kingdom of Zion'. Best new reggae for many a year.
    Rise early, treat everyday as though it's your last and your last day as it's your first.

User Info Menu

tfw- detaching can be nice. I am looking forward to this trip for that very reason. Last trip we just did way too much running around trying to fit everything in for my friends' first time. Didn't know then they would be coming back with us again.

Spottycatz- I will give them a listen. I am sure they are great! Thanks!

User Info Menu

It's gotta be reggae...preferably roots or dub.