Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Preferred camera??

User Info Menu

I routinely shoot photos at night with my lumix lx-5 at shutter speeds under 1/60th.. I have handheld great shots at 1/20th.. not saying they are ALWAYS perfect, movement of the subject being the worst offender, but panasonics ois is very impressive.. add the f2.0 leica lens, and it is damned nice
    Last edited by jasperpso; 03-30-2012 at 07:26 AM.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jasperpso View Post
    I routinely shoot photos at night with my lumix lx-5 at shutter speeds under 1/60th.. I have handheld great shots at 1/20th.. not saying they are ALWAYS perfect, movement of the subject being the worst offender, but panasonics ois is very impressive.. add the f2.0 leica lens, and it is damned nice
    I am guessing your camera automatically overrides the OIS at low shutter speeds.....check to see if the ident on the photos show OIS engaged...

You have chosen a rocking good camera, though. With a very good lens. Very fast, very good.
    "Enjoy Every Sandwich"-Warren Zevon

User Info Menu

To me it's much more important to have a zoom lens w wide angle 24mm...........
    Capturing the essence of the scene requires a camera w/o glaucoma..........where most start at 35 mm