Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: OK! I have some questions about Negril hangouts?

User Info Menu

ok I will start with the beach tour, here is a good tour, Start at Seasplash for happy hour 12 til 2, then before you head up the beach next door at Thrills corner for a patty or some soup, nxt Buddy,s bar at the Wild Parrot, Richard the bartender ther makes some killer drinks and as good of a margarita as there is in Negril, next Sunbeach always someone at the bar and a great place to hang, there are a few options ok a lot of other places to stop on the beach, next I usually stop at Fun Holiday for one or two and then on to Sunnyside next to rooms, depending how long you stay at each that makes a great beach afternoon pub crawl.

Cliffs, this one you can start at either end , but I will start at Canoe, this is a must stop,weather its for breakfast,really good , try the Canoe eggs!, and the french press coffee is the best, or for lunch dinner, or just the famous rum punch!, next walking up the west you have some choices really close, on the left there is Miyard, more of a late night joint, but always cold Redstripe and the egg sandwich is always good, across the street there is Natural Mystic hard to see nut its squeezed in between two other building, this place has an all wood interior, and a great vibe, one of my favourites, now a short walk west you have the Swordfish, for food, drinks on the rooftop with a view, and iscream and all kinds of deserts! as you continue west the next stop I make is Spyda Jam bar, its right across from the Blue Cave always fun to stop and pick on Anita, the bartender with a great smile, next is No Limit, this place is usually a little more happening at night, but stop for a drink anytime, across the street you have Peewee,s cool bar with a great view, I think I missed C&D, this is a must stop, besides the country music Connie has great food and deserts, and another one of those big smiles that can make your day! ok so still heading west, Ixtabi is next dinks view and cliff jumping here, 3 dives comes up next, if your hungry the chicken, lobster are xcelent here, and as Rob said the service and food is much improved in the last year or so. this part of the road past the zinc fence is the worst part to walk espeacially at night! you will come up by the Rock House and just past across the street you find Debar for jerk chicken and drinks!, continue west past the hungry Lion and there is the Negril Escape, I sometimes stop in here for a beer great view and if Sheldon is working he is a nice young man, keep heading west and you will come to Jamcan on the left, always fun to stop and talk with Nocka(spelling) anywaypast that you will pass Ras Rodys ital shop right on the road, now you come up on Seastar lane left and down the road is Seastar, great food and happy hour 4 til 6, on the right (water side is catcha)Ivan,s bar is open for drinks and great food after 5 a must stop, the staff is the best here. Continue west and you will pass Rick,s and LTU, keep walking passed Sexy Rexy and there is Sir D,s Firewater,Lovenest, thats right this place has three names? whats with that? anyway this is the best! spot to watch the sunset! Farther west there is Whoopi,s park interesting spot make sure you have bug spray if you go, think it has something to do with the goats!

These are some of my favourites there are lots more places and every time I tour I find new ones, I like to walk always picking a start point and a projected finish, sometimes you get there and sometimes not, if you dont that probably means you had too much fun at some of the stops!
    Trip #59 most of February

User Info Menu

PGW, This is awesome! Thank you for a sense of direction. I didn't kow if I would find this on my own, but with these directions it should be no problem.
    Thanks to all, looking frwd to visiting these places that I read so much about.
    Live,Stay true to yourself, and Never Compromise for anything

User Info Menu

PGW's tour is just about perfect in my book. Keep in mind his entire cliff tour is probably more than 4 miles long. The Canoe to Pee Wees portion is maybe a little over 1.5 and a GREAT walking pub tour that would finish at a spot - Pee Wees - that is incredibly easy to fall in love with and you may never want to leave. I've heard the same about Sexy Rexy's, LTU and Sir D's further out the West End. Didn't make it that far last time, definitely will this time...
    What's so funny 'bout Peace, Love and Understanding?

User Info Menu

Guirgay, thanks, but thank godness I walk about 32 miles most weeks in my work out. Looking frwd to exploring.
    Live,Stay true to yourself, and Never Compromise for anything

User Info Menu

THE PGW PUB TOUR 2012. I love it!
    Thanks for sharing your beach and cliff tour of bars.
    I'm going to print this out and see if we can follow your trail in April.
    See how far we manage to go...
    Carpe Diem

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Clarity View Post
    You can count us in, as I had the exact same thought.

User Info Menu

Hey, Rob we ate at Alice's last May.

User Info Menu

When I stay in the westend I will sometimes do the whole tour, if you like to walk, like me say from Seastar I will start in the morning and not stop until I get to the farthest point, once I went all the way to Hedonism, but thats too far if you want to make it back at a reasonable time. Staying on the beach I found it much harder to get to the west end, not sure why? Maybe its that sand gravity thing some of you speak of.
    The other way is to take a route taxi one way and work your way back towards your hotel. You can also do sections, sometimes this works as you can do another section the next day. lol

Gees its making me sound like a proffesional pub crawler, lol, anyway the other cool thing is you always find new spots on these tours, in my four trips this winter I have stumbled on to some new joints, some I liked , and some not so much, but its fun checking them all out!
    Trip #59 most of February

User Info Menu

Do it the easy way - Take the pub crawl, and you will be introduced to many great local spots.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Clarity View Post
    Nice, I just printed it out as well lol
    Stir IT UP