Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OK! I have some questions about Negril hangouts?

User Info Menu

OK! I have some questions about Negril hangouts?

Hey Gang,
    I have been going to Jamaica for years , and have read alot about different hangouts on the board. I haven't yet conquered the many different restaurants and hang out bars in Negril, but really would like to on this upcoming trip.
    I have read about the vibes at Sexy Rexy,De Bar, 3 dives, canoe, all natural, sun beach Bar,and a host of other places. I usually go in the summer, but in the last 2yrs I've been coming in April and May.
    When I go in the summer it seems as though everythg is slow and closed sort of, and I understand because it is slow season.
    Now, that I will be going in 25 days, what can I expect to be open and and where is the great local bars to visit, and enjoy a great vibe, and good reasonable drinks? When is the best time to go?
    Also, other then the Seastar where are there some other great eating spots with amazing food on the west end? I'm a seafood lover, but love good jamaican cuisine.
    Do they still have the sunday party at the park in negril?
    Thanks
    Live,Stay true to yourself, and Never Compromise for anything

User Info Menu

On the west end, I really like Erica's and Sharks. Good seafood and other Jamaican delights. Sips and Bites, near Rockhouse is truly a jewel. Debar is some great jerk and other delights. LTU is a beautiful spot for a great dinner and sunset. Chicken Lavish has a great menu too!! So many spots to hit....

Sir D's, further west past LTU..is a really cool venue. Stop in early afternoon and request what you desire....and it will be serve up in style. With a beautiful view, I might add. Try the lionfish, it is to die for. For ital in the afternoon, try Ras Rody's near Sharks and Tensing Pen..a true delight!! You are going to have a ball!!

User Info Menu

Thanks, Yetta, but which direction should I head in? I don"t really know where everythg is? I try to pull up the map.
    Live,Stay true to yourself, and Never Compromise for anything

User Info Menu

Try to print the maps before you go , also print the schedule on casts on realnegril.com and drop in, any one will give you the truth there, including Rob and Lisa

User Info Menu

Don't forget the farmers market for great fruits and veggies. It's usually by the craft market on the way into town on the last Wednesday of each month. The mongos, papaya and melons are killer in April and May. Also, try the avocados. They're the size of big softballs and melt in your mouth. Enjoy

User Info Menu

Sunbeach is a nice area to hangout at...nice folks, good drinks, and you can meet so many people because it seems everyone stops there.

3Dives...only been there for the food which IMO has gone downhill in the past years.

LTU...you MUST try the Chicken Lola

Only been to Canoe once, but the food and the Rum Punch is soooo good and the vibe there is very welcoming.

Another good place for food is Cool Spot, if I remember correctly it is across from Footprints (I think)

Alices that's on the Westend has good food also.

It's a place that is run by a Rasta (I know the boardies can help me out with the name) and he sells only Ital foods...it's like a little cookshop. I didn't think I would like it but it was very good natural veggies...try the carrot mango juice!!!

I don't know if they still have Rocky Wednesday at On The Rocks, but if they do that is a MUST and I will be there. I LOVE that vibe!!!

I don't know how you want to party but Scrub A Dub is a place to not miss out on.

I also hope that the beach party is still going on!!!
    http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

Administrator

User Info Menu

Luv,

Me thinks some of your comments are a bit dated. Alice's has been closed for quite some time - nearly two years now. The last Rocky Wednesday I heard of was held at Winner's Rooftop?!?! Not sure how that turned out... On the Rock's is still open though.

And please try 3-Dives again - the past year or so the new family members have been turning out some amazing food. Just this past Tuesday, they had 60+ people from Hedo show up, and everyone left with a full belly and happy! That was a wild time!

The "rasta" place you mention I think may be Ras Rody's - a small ital place across from Tensing Pen. Great food there as always!
    Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!

User Info Menu

Eddie's DeBar is my all time favorite hangout in Negril, bar none..I just really love the atmosphere.
    Last edited by negrilaholic; 03-29-2012 at 11:23 PM.

User Info Menu

Eddie's Debar is a great place to kick it, nice little fires as well after sundown. I like his chicken when the munchies rear their ugly head. Now you have to admit that it is one kick ass neighborhood bar.

User Info Menu

Love Chicken Lavish. Stop there every time I'm in Negril. Also like hanging out at Sun Beach, Chill Awhile (Idle Awhile), Charela, Ivan's, Pee Wees, LTU and Pushcart (former Pirate's Cave). Though I'm in the minority here, will usually go to Rick's Cafe once during the trip for a couple drinks and watch the cliff jumpers. On my list for next time would be Robert and Maureen's (formerly at For Real) new place, Just Natural, Bentley's for crab cakes, Canoe and Rhodes Hall.
    Last edited by Maryann; 03-30-2012 at 06:00 AM.