Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mariposa restaurant .... is it an undiscovered gem?

User Info Menu

Mariposa restaurant .... is it an undiscovered gem?

Through all my reaches, I've never visited the Italian restaurant at Mariposa, but I've been meaning to ever since a long-time returnee at the Bar B Barn told me it's the BEST place on the 7 mile for dessert .... Any thoughts? Who has been to this place? And where are the amazing places for dessert in Negril?

User Info Menu

at one point in time i would not hesitate to say it was the best trained staff in negril, and one of the best on the island.

food was exemplary, the kitchen on point, and for whatever else one might say about the owner, my dinners there were always exemplary and impressive.

i have not been back since his death, so i don't know what it is like since.

it was to my knowledge, the one place in negril that had real muzzarella, for example.

however, for straight up coffee and desert, my nod goes to sunrise club or sometimes kuyaba.
    "I beseech thee, my lord , let this venture be mine..."

-Sir Gawain

User Info Menu

My daughters and I ate dinner one time at Mariposa, more to come in from the rain than anything else, but was very pleased with the dinner and service, I do remember that, but it's been four years so can't tell you very much about it recently, sorry.

User Info Menu

We usually have our anniversery dinner there each year.
    One year I actually got a well prepared piece of veal....in Jamaica...go figure.
    Desserts are special... Banana's Foster...yum.

User Info Menu

If you are planning on dinng at Mariposa this month I regret to inform you that they are closed and will reopen sometime (forgot the date) in July.

User Info Menu

Well, there goes that. So where is the best dessert place on seven mile?

User Info Menu

Maripose Restaurant

Iam not sure about the best place in Negril But if you have not tried Charela In on the beach
    Then you should
    They do all their pastry and icream there on property
    they do have a very wide choice
    for me their blackforest is the best also their choice of icream and sorbet

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by gerryg123 View Post
    Well, there goes that. So where is the best dessert place on seven mile?
    Great question! Been a long time since I've eaten a dessert on the beach. But I'm always up for something sweet.
    Feb.1 - 16 Xtabi

[https://www.TickerFactory.com/]

User Info Menu

The best dessert, in my opinion, is the cake lady typically found walking the mid beach area after dark. Paired up with a nice Tia Maria on ice at For Real Bar....that is what I call dessert!
    Sandi Sans 85/87, CCLP 2002/03/04/05/06/07/08, June/July 2011

User Info Menu

Kuyuba.