Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: Out of the way grocery trip!

User Info Menu

Out of the way grocery trip!

So as another options when heading to Negril, this place in Ironshore across from the Blue Diamond, called Progressive foods is a modern store with a great selection. I have not been to Megamart but this place is really nice.

Name:  IMG_1200 (598x800).jpg
Views: 538
Size:  68.5 KBName:  IMG_1201 (598x800).jpg
Views: 484
Size:  81.3 KBName:  IMG_1202 (598x800).jpg
Views: 480
Size:  78.9 KBName:  IMG_1203 (800x598).jpg
Views: 494
Size:  79.7 KBName:  IMG_1204 (598x800).jpg
Views: 478
Size:  92.1 KB
    Trip #59 most of February

User Info Menu

Name:  IMG_1205 (598x800).jpg
Views: 464
Size:  91.0 KBName:  IMG_1206 (598x800).jpg
Views: 471
Size:  90.9 KBName:  IMG_1207 (598x800).jpg
Views: 423
Size:  73.1 KBName:  IMG_1209 (598x800).jpg
Views: 456
Size:  61.7 KB

I dont know how they do it there when the cost of food, gas, electricity!

User Info Menu

Almost $200 US ,had to go back before the end of the week plus a few stops by the fruit and veggie truck and a couple trips up to the local market in Duncan,s Bay! That include a case of beer a bottle of rum.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by poolguywindsor View Post
    Almost $200 US ,had to go back before the end of the week plus a few stops by the fruit and veggie truck and a couple trips up to the local market in Duncan,s Bay! That include a case of beer a bottle of rum.
    I know - you have to wonder how folks manage. I guess buying local products makes a big difference. I know people who never tasted Peanut Butter until they met me or even used liquid dish soap..everything was washed with bar or powder soap... And forget about cold cereal in milk... Breakfast foods include ackee, breadfruit, yam, banana, rice, bun and cheese or whatever that was left over from dinner the night before. I try to shop more like a Jamaican just to get a better feel for the cost of living with one exception - I buy bulk when I first come in and I know when I leave, the pantry is still full. (50lb rice, 25lb flour, 20lb corn meal....)

Thank goodness I have become more accustomed to making the money conversion! The first time I saw a 6,000 dollar shopping bill, my gut reacted before my head could do the math! WTF!?!? ha ha

Peace.

Last edited by SweetSue; 03-30-2012 at 08:53 AM.

User Info Menu

What a store !!! As I walked into Progressive foods, I asked myself "Where am I, still in Jamaica?". Great selection. I felt like the only shopper in the store. LOL

User Info Menu

Maybe you were,lol There were very few shopping both times I was there?

User Info Menu

They are probably packed on the weekend

User Info Menu

The second time I went was on a sunday and it was a little busier.