Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Trip report....and we haven't even left yet!!

User Info Menu

don't worry about so many plans

a bit of advice though just my opinion. for most things wait till u get their to make plans. you might decide you just want to get a buzz and hang out. i find things like snorkling you get a much better price just asking someone on the beach. i happen to like captain Moses but there are lots of boats for hire.

User Info Menu

I agree with Original Spanky. When I got there it was so easy to do anything at the drop of the hat and I wish I had been more leisurely about it. Now I know

Dont worry about it...have a great trip!
    Stir IT UP

User Info Menu

I'm with those that say wait and decide when you get there. You won't miss anything you don't want to by not booking early. But DO research before you go so you know what to do and what a good price is, which you obviously have done.

Blue Cave Castle '12, '13 '14 '15 '16 Catcha Falling Star '13 Boardwalk Village '14 '15

User Info Menu

Well, thanks for the replies!! I just wanted to get it all off the chest so to speak. I am a bit of a planner for holidays but really didn't want to plan too much for our first trip to Negril, thought I would go did de flow...........hahaha.
    Anyways...the original tour company finally did get back to us with , "oh, wow, we are very sorry" etc, etc.....
    It seems as it is Easter weekend as our first weekend there, some things are closed. Another tour operator did also finally get back to us and said we could go on Sunday....No can do, place is closed that do too!!

My wife wants to rebook with original operator for another day.....i am feeling a little bit non plussed with that and think we may just ask someone when we are there, as suggested by many here!!

Only real reason I wanted to do a trip or 2 early on in the holiday is that unfortunately.......I can tend to get somewhat of an upset stomach on my travels to warmer climates shall we say?? this can, and does tend to happen by around day 5 of our week away!! Wife has a stomach of steel, me??? Not so much!!!
    There is nothing worse than going on a long trip and reaslising that you need Immodium really bad!!! LOL. (Shouldn't be telling every one this....)
    It happened to both my Son and I in Mexico last july when we stayed in Playa del carmen, fine for the first 4 days or so then boom!!!!!
    Anyway, wife is going to make the decision tonight and we will see what happens.
    Can't go on Tuesday as we have Ivans for an early sunset dinner, not missing that!!!!

Thanks for listening everyone, sorry to be a moaner.........4 more days!!!

Simon and Cindy.
    http://www.caribbeanmag.com/cd/vc/]

User Info Menu

either way you will have a great time. And hopefully no stomach issues! The water and food in Negril are good/clean and you may be just fine. It is nice to do a one day excursion, especially if it is your first time in JA. It will allow you to see some of the countryside. Good tour operators should know the days that attractions are open, IMO.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by irieworld View Post
    either way you will have a great time. And hopefully no stomach issues! The water and food in Negril are good/clean and you may be just fine. It is nice to do a one day excursion, especially if it is your first time in JA. It will allow you to see some of the countryside. Good tour operators should know the days that attractions are open, IMO.
    ...but...it's Jamaica! They get slack! LOL jk jk

User Info Menu

My friends here have contacted me about this trip mention above, I responded that same day, but late in the night because I drive in the days
    and check my e-mail in the evenings, sometimes when I get the chance, I check e-mails in the daytime, so please dont think that I am unreliable,
    I am in contact with my friends here, in fact, I just responded to an e-mail that they have send me, it says that they found out that the YS falls
    will not be open on on Sunday April 8th because it is Easter Sunday. The YS falls are NOT open on Mondays, and public holidays.

User Info Menu

Never had a problem with Rocky getting back to me! Like he said... he works during the day, and emails at night. Imagine how many emails he gets! We are only human, and maybe... just maybe he missed one. Never did he not answer my questions.. and when I apologized for asking so many questions he just said "No problem. Questions were meant to be asked!" I can't wait to meet him, and I am happy I have chosen him.