Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trip report....and we haven't even left yet!!

User Info Menu

Trip report....and we haven't even left yet!!

So during last nights webcast from Sea Star Inn, wife and I found out that our day trip planned with a certain company, is a bunch of hogwash as YS Falls is not open on Mondays, and we had our trip, planned and confirmed, for Monday April 9th.
    We have emailed Rocky and patrick after advice taken but have had no response as yet....we are merely 5 days away from our first trip to Jamaica and are now almost in panic mode as we like to have a couple of things planned.......especially as first timers.
    we also booked a 1/2 day snorkelling trip with them. i have received NO reply from them since my email to them last evening after finding out. Not sure where they were planning on taking us!!! ( We haven't paid anything so that is the plus at the moment).
    Sorry, just venting....Cindy and I have had this trip to negril booked since Dec 21st and we are almost finally there..........this is just bumming us out as we really wanted to see YS Falls, Black River and the Pelican Bar!!
    Oh well, we can walk around the cliffs and go to the beach a couple of times.........blah.........

Simon and Cindy.
    http://www.caribbeanmag.com/cd/vc/]

User Info Menu

Simon and Cindy, so sorry to hear about the issues, but you can still go to YS Falls and I urge you to do so, it is beautiful. Monday is the only day they are closed and there are many other tour companies that come highly recommended.
    I can put you in touch with Chicken, my good friend.
    Check out his website here: www.chickensmagicbus.com
    Or if you click on the Transportation link above there are also several other companies that are recommended.

Keep in mind that emails are usually a lot slower in Jamaica, meaning that you might be used to getting a response in less than 24 hours, whereas in Jamaica, sometimes it can be 3 or more days before receiving a response. A phone call is usually the quickest way to get a hold of someone in Jamaica.....or you could even contact them when you get to Jamaica. Don't give up, there are still plenty of options for you to get to YS....and even if you don't, you will surely have fun in Negril.

All the best! Have a blast! And we are all here to help if you need any other suggestions or recommendations! Just ask!

User Info Menu

Try posting on Rocky's thread, his Rocky Thursdays go to all three places including lunch. If you've never used Rocky I can't say enough good things about him.

Awaiting our return to Negril, 07/01/12

User Info Menu

Don't be put off my slow email returns .... In Negril, this is very common. Don't take it personal, but you might not get a response at all!

User Info Menu

If you haven't paid for anything yet .. there there is no need to panick.. and you can certainly still make it to YS Falls.. Could be as Marley said that the email return is slower than what you would normally expect. If you don't hear from them... just book elsewhere .. you can always arrange those things while your there .. I assure you, you wont miss out on seeing those things if you don't want to Have a fantastic first trip!

User Info Menu

If you had booked with Rocky Im sure he will be contacting you soon as he is very reliable. I have been using his transportation for years.

User Info Menu

I agree with the above comments. I booked my first trip with Rocky and he is very reliable. I'm sure you'll receive a response very soon. I hope you'll be able to arrange a trip to YS Falls for a different day.
    I understand your frustration though, I also like having everything finalized and lined up before taking a trip. I'm sure it will all fall into place soon!
    Let us know how it all turns out
    Carpe Diem

User Info Menu

Who's the hottie with the aviators and blue shirt? BOOK BOOK Manda81 BOOK BOOK

As far as the YS Trip, my take on this and every other customer service issue is: find someone else if you aren't satisfied...

"It's Jamaica" isn't an excuse for not getting back to ya, in my opinion. Spend your hard-earned cash with folks that conduct business in a timely fashion! It takes a few seconds to send an email...even if it's "sorry mon, no can do."

You will enjoy your trip! Chicken will hook ya up!

User Info Menu

FYI as far as snorkeling goes--you can go any day from the beach or West End. You can hail a boat to take you out to the reef for 25 dollars.

User Info Menu

As they say in JA.."soon come" Since no cash has been given, I'm sure things will work out. Somehow, magically, things almost always do in Jamaica....sometimes even for the better.
    Try emailing again or call. Truly, emails can be held up or just not make it at all. Or, try someone else. I have no doubt that you guys are going to have a great time. Hang in there!