Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Charela Inn vs SeaStar

User Info Menu

Charela Inn vs SeaStar

Husbby & I are booking our yearly summer trip to Negril...last summer we stayed at Catcha & had the BEST time of our lives. Everyone, EVERYONE was wonderful, the property was beautiful and the food was excellent. What we also liked about it was we could "charge" everything to our room so we didn't have to think about money untill we actually left the property. Sometimes I felt alittle out of the way & I felt that I really had to know where we were going before we left for the day, does that make sense? So we thought we would stay on the beach this time & be right in the middle of everything.
    In our search, Charela Inn keeps coming up - and you can do the AI option. But we have also keep hearing about SeaStar amd although it is not on the beach they have the free shuttle (best of both worlds). So I need your help here...your thoughts? BTW - and totally off topic - I cant say enough about Clarity & HubbyMan, everytime I read your postings (and sometimes I reread them) I feel like I am right there with you, you guys make my day everytime!!!

User Info Menu

Charela Inn & Seastar Inn are both great properties & each offer their own unique vibe that should be experienced.
    Are you in Negril long enough to maybe consider a stay at both properties?
    Last edited by Bnewb; 04-01-2012 at 07:09 PM.

User Info Menu

Charela Inn is a great place. we have stayed there many times, as recently as last December. It's more expensive than Seastar but it's my favorite place to stay on the beach. I agree with Bnewb, split your stay. Start at Charela and the move to Seastar. That way when you want to go to the beach you can hang out at Charela. We visit Charela even when we are not staying there and are always made to feel welcome. We've never stayed at Seastar but partied there numerous times. You won't find nicer people than Chris and Francine the owners and the food is great.
    Sing unto God, sing praises to his name: extol him that rideth upon the heavens by his name JAH, and rejoice before him. KJV Psalm 68:4

User Info Menu

Aww thank you Jesswade for the compliment on our TR! So glad you enjoyed it. Hearing that makes MY day!

I also agree with Bnewb, If you are staying long enough to split your trip between both properties I would go for it.
    Seastar inn has such a great vibe, they really make you feel at home there. The food is amazing! I have some video footage of the grounds that I'll try to post soon.
    I've never been to Charela Inn but it looks beautiful and I've heard a lot of great things about that property.
    Carpe Diem

User Info Menu

I agree with the split stay, I have done this and it works outs great. You get a chance to experience all of Negril. Pro's and cons for both cliff and beach it just depends on you. Lots to do at each end.

User Info Menu

Both good options with different vibes! You might also check out Charela's sister property on the cliffs, Le Mirage. They might work with you on prices. Then you could have the cliff vibe with a new infinity pool and still be able to have a ride down to Charela's for beach vibe. So many options to consider. Whatever decision....ya just can't go wrong!

User Info Menu

If you thought catcha was "out of the way" then Seastar might seem even more so.

Blue Cave Castle '12, '13 '14 '15 '16 Catcha Falling Star '13 Boardwalk Village '14 '15

User Info Menu

Kevin......I was thinking that same thing!

User Info Menu

i love charela! it was a romantic inn reminding me of "old jamaica" - some of the beach front rooms have jacuzzi's

not sure i would do AI - the food is excellent there - but there are so many places to eat up and down the beach

User Info Menu

thank you so much for the feed back...it does sound like a split vacation is the way to go (have to convence hubby)! When we stayed at Catch last year (our 1st time to Negril) we didn't do as much research as we should have & didn't know really where to go. I'll tell you where we did end up "3 Dives" and had the best lobsters we have ever had in our lives!!!! So that is why I thought stay on the beach and walk a few steps and be in the middle of the action. BUT on the other hand, I keep hearing about the shows and the free shuttle at sea star. If this is my problem today, isn't it great? I keep hearing about the "best room" at sea star, something about right above the bar, nice and private with a great view? I think i'm leaning toward sea star...okay guys anymore tips, where to go & how much to bring ($ wise for a week) for 2 pretty good drinkers, pretty good eaters 30somethings , lol! THANK YOU!!!!