Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Charela Inn vs SeaStar

User Info Menu

Cool

I have stayed at Charela many times. Their beach is awesome and you will get great photos too. The staff is very friendly
    and I enjoyed staying there. It is a great location on the beach.Name:  res_nov20.jpg
Views: 274
Size:  49.6 KB

User Info Menu

Seastar is indeed lovely - once you get there. for me, it being nowhere near the water and a bit of a walk back off the road puts it out of the running in my choice of vacation hotels. now if i was ever planning a longterm stay i'd consider it, but just for a short week or two, i'd choose Charela. taxi'ing to the beach just isn't the same as waking up and being right there ON the sand, stepping out your door right into the sea for a morning swim, having coffee/breakfast right there in bathing suit & bare feet, having everything right there without having to do anything, go anywhere, or even get dressed..... now that's my personal ideal for relaxation. i also enjoy cliff stays sometimes too, but only in hotels right on the water; seastar is a wonderful place, but imho is just too out-of-the-way -
    Last edited by MissBlue; 04-03-2012 at 12:40 PM.

User Info Menu

We've never stayed at Charela but all I've heard about it has been positive!

We have split our vacation between the beach and the West End and it was a good thing for sure!

We have had the pleasure of staying at the Seastar inn and I gotta tell you, it was all good! The shuttle did make it easy to get to the beach or anywhere along the way for that matter and a cell phone too. Pool is good and the food is too along with the Saturday nite shows and the 2 for 1 drink specials as well.

If you're going to stayin the West End then the Seastar Inn is a great choice! Chris and Francine & company will take real good care of you!

Peace
    Elvino

User Info Menu

We have decided to stay at drumroll......Charela Inn! I am so excited! Thank you all so very much!!!

User Info Menu

Re: Charela Inn vs SeaStar

Just saw this thread and had to laugh. I'm heading to Negril for the first time this December and after weeks of reading the forum and reviews on tripadvisor, I booked 5 nights and Charela and 5 nights at Seastar Inn! Sounds like we must have the same kind of preferences!

I hope you post a report and some picts post-trip! I'm dying to hear how your experience was at both places!

User Info Menu

Re: Charela Inn vs SeaStar

it's really apples and oranges in this case.............
    one is directly on the beach........the other is on the road side of the cliffs and not on the water..........
    one is kinda expensive.........one is kinda inexpensive..........
    personally I would choose SeaStar Inn because overall it's a lot better setup for this guy............
    it would be living it up big time at Charlea Inn being a solo guy and not worth the extra bucks.........

now comparing Charlea Inns sista property Mirage with SeaStar Inn would be more like oranges and oranges.........though Mirage is directly on da wata

Cool Runnings, Marko
    Americana Ocho Rios 82~HedoII 84,91~T-Water 85~Wexford Court Mobay 85~Miss Mary’s 86,87~Barry’s 88~Seawinds Mobay 89~LTU 91~Charela Inn 92~Negril Inn 92~SamSara 93,94~Ocean Edge 95,96~Singles 95,96~Thrills 95~Hilltop 96,99~Pee Wees 97~Kool Browns/Bentley's 97~Cottage 99-03~Roots Bamboo 03~Merrill’s I&II 04,05~Corals Seas Cliffs & Beach 06~Catcha Falling Star 07~Blue Cave Castle 08~SeaStar 10,12~(4x)Bourbon Beach 12~T&J Cottages on Ella Dr 12-18~PeWee Cottages 18~Lynch Cottages 19,20